Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson
British - Pureblood - Professor & OOTP

Female Posts : 278

Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) Empty
PostSubject: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 am

Pyxis remained silent as he moved over to her desk, her teeth digging into her lips as she desperately hoped he didn't notice the missing letter that was meant to be on his desk. Her relief made her entire body relax and she let out a breath she hadn't even realised she'd been holding as he seemed to not even notice it. She had to hold herself still as he patted her on the shoulder, her instant reaction was to flinch back but she managed not to and merely gave him a small smile. "Yes, lets go." She said, trying to keep the hurt out of her tone as she briskly made for the doors. She walked through the castle, not talking as she crossed her arms.

Once outside, she flicked a glance to see if he was following her, before she dipped her head as the wind lashed against them. Her boots managed to keep some warmth within her feet, preventing them from going blue with cold from the snow that layered the ground. She sighed as they finally reached Hogsmeade, and frowned as someone bumped into her in their rush, making her stumble backwards. "The rudeness of people." She huffed in annoyance as the person continued on their way. She went straight over to The Three Broomsticks and stepped inside, glad for the warmth that washed over her. She looked at the few spare tables around them and looked over at Parker. "So, erm, where do you want to sit?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Male Posts : 453

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:00 am

Parker furrowed his eyebrows a bit, confused as Pyxis spoke briskly and turned on her heel for the doors. Did she not want to go eat or something? He cleared his throat and stuck his hands in his pockets, following her out. He was trying to walk beside her, but she seemed as if she was trying to stay a pace or two in front of him. He couldn't think of anything so say and she didn't seem to want to talk either, so they took the long walk to Hogsmeade in silence.

The lashing wind made everything feel so much colder and he was so glad he grabbed his thicker coat, though he was still shivering. At least the fast pace Pyxis kept helped keep him warm. Walking down the street, someone had roughly bumped into Pyxis and as if by instinct when he walked passed Parker, Parker grabbed him roughly by the arm. "Watch where you're walking-" The guy yanked his arm away and mumbled an apology as he walked away. Parker lowered his head, and sighed, putting his hand back in his pocket.

He walked after Pyxis into The Three Broomsticks and let out a pleased sigh as he was met with the warmth. When she asked where they'd sit he hesitated. "Oh...er..." he then pointed to a booth seat nearby a window, one they'd sat at before when they were younger. "What about that one?" he asked, sounding unsure.
Back to top Go down
http://diagnosingdisease.tumblr.com
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:35 am

Pyxis felt her anger soften, but a little bit of fear was added as Parker seemed to have an instinct to roughly grab the guy. Pyxis nodded her head at his apology and looked at Parker strangely, curiously, suspiciously. She remembered that he'd mentioned living in a bad neighbourhood and sighed. "Thanks. Do you get... pushed like that... where you live?" She asked quietly, her hands shoved into her jacket pockets.

Pyxis' smile lit up her face as she remembered that was the booth they used to sit in as kids. She nodded her head and walked over to it, feeling better at this simple gesture. "Yeah, so," she said as she took a seat and pulled the letter out of her pocket, the dark look back on her face as she opened up the letter and pointed at the name at the end. "Amber, huh?" She asked with a raised eyebrow, allowing the hurt to leak onto her face.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:02 am

Parker let out a breath to release his sudden tension. He swallowed at her question, not looking up still. "Uhm...yeah. Sorry, I don't- I don't do that often..." he realized though that it apparently depended on the size of the individual what his reaction was and the given situation. He bit his cheek, pausing before he spoke. "There's this woman that comes by the building sometimes...to drop off her son. If I'm out, I walk her to and from the car and the building..so..." he sighed as he trailed off. He didn't want his little nervous behaviors to bother her. It was how he survived and he couldn't feel bad about it.

He smiled a little, seeing as her mood momentarily lightened. He walked after he, slipping his coat off and setting it beside him as he sat down. He looked over to see if the server was near and looked back as she pulled something out of her pocket. She looked very hurt and was about to ask her what was wrong what she said 'Amber, huh?'

He blanked and looked honestly confused for a brief moment a "Huh?" slipping from his mouth. Looking at the letter, he then remembered. He furrowed his eyebrows at the letter and leaned back against the back of the booth seat, sighing. "Where did you find that?"
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:33 am

Pyxis' frown only deepened as she pictured that woman. Her heart warmed at the thought that he protected her in a way, acting as her body guard against anyone who would mug her, or do something even worse to her. She looked down at the snow, kicking it away. She would've felt even more sympathy for Parker at his situation if she wasn't currently homeless - save for Hogwarts. She was glad she'd taken up the job at Hogwarts now, otherwise she'd have no where to go at all. She was positive that Parker would flip out if she told him that she didn't have anywhere to go to. "Thats nice of you. Really nice." She knew the mood was already going to be ruined by her confronting him about Amber, so she didn't want to bring in another detail.

Besides, it was her life and she didn't want him to worry about her. She hated to be thought of as in need of help, it was one of her biggest flaws. Though when she was younger she'd survived off of others help, now she hated to be helped with anything, got angry when someone insisted that they help her.

Once the paper was on the table and she'd spoken, she shrugged off her jacket and looked up as a server made their way over, but with the glare she fixed them they turned and walked the other way rather hastily. She glanced back at Parker, her teeth digging into her lip. "Your desk, obviously." She responded shortly. "So, let me see, she's implying here that you were a man in her life. Which is fairly obvious why. Whilst im here, worrying myself out of sleep over you, thinking you were dead or hated me, you were off with another girl?" She hissed, her finger resting on the word 'love'.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:07 am

Parker sighed and glanced up to see that the server was making their way over. But a brief moment and a few steps, they looked unnerved and walked away. What was that about? Thought turning back to Pyxis and seeing the absolute death glare, he understood.

"Oh..."Damn it. His desk, of course. He'd entirely stopped thinking about the damned letter nearly moments after reading it. It was a load of shit and nothing he wanted any memories of again, and he had simply not cared. Pyxis did though. And it seemed she cared a lot. She looked absolutely fuming. He would have preferred to have just forgotten the letter and never worry about it again, but with a confrontation of sorts he'd have to explain. Not that he minded all that much, it wasn't as he he was going to try to hid it in anyway. It just didn't matter to him.

Parker groaned a little as she went on. "Okay, Pyx, listen, please." he started as he sat up straight, resting his arms on the table. "It was nothing. Whatever you want to call it, it lasted for hardly a few weeks. It wasn't even a month after I left, I just got my place and had been waiting to hear from the hospital. I was at a coffee shop across from Mungo's waiting and she talked to me. I was so lonely and just wanted someone to talk to." He looked down, he realized the only reason he let himself talk to her is because her hair....the color was like Pyxis' and...maybe for a few moments he wanted to just think he was talking to Pyxis again. "She was a horrid person. And that letter is a load of shit. The fact she even called me a man in that letter almost makes me sick." he didn't like it when he let himself resent her. But he needed to let Pyxis know how he felt. "She mocked me. Took advantage. Whatever else. And it certainly didn't help the state was in..." He sighed, running his hand through his hair, wishing the letter would just burn up right before them.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:34 am

Pyxis frowned at his 'oh' and his troubled expression. She huffed and awaited his response with her eyebrows raised and a skeptical look on her face. She in a sour mood, despite the small things he had done for her that made her feel warm and fuzzy inside. She still wasn't quite ready to just forgive him unless he had a very good explanation. A voice in the back of her mind asked her why she would care so much, she couldn't control him, but she didn't listen to that voice. That was the same voice that told her to move on, and she had never wanted to do that either.

Pyxis' glanced at him briefly when he asked her to listen, and she clamped her mouth shut, though she couldn't hold his gaze. She softened slightly at her nickname, but she still felt as if she'd been betrayed by him, and she didn't think that she'd even have a right to feel betrayed by him - but she did. Her fingers crinkled the edges of the parchment as she fiddled with it, her eyes trailing over the words as she listened to him speak. Slowly, her betrayal changed into embarrassment as she looked up at him through her lashes, like a child who was in trouble for saying something that she shouldn't've. She pursed her lips as she said that she used to mock him, and that she took advantage of him. Her jaw clenched at that, and she allowed a sigh to leave her lips. She felt incredibly foolish for jumping to conclusions over this and causing a problem in what was meant to be a day of healing between them.

"Oh, I didn't mean to, I mean I thought... Gah, and I promised I wouldn't get so angry so quickly, but its hard. I think there's something wrong with me, maybe I have anger management issues?" She'd never considered that before, but now that she thought about it, it made perfect sense that she would have a problem with her anger. Pyxis drummed her fingers on the table lightly. "I didn't realise that she was horrible to you, I mean im not sure how I would've realised but-" She stopped herself from rambling and smiled softly. "Im sorry I jumped to conclusions. I was just upset." Pyxis didn't elaborate on why she was upset, merely because she was to embarrassed to bring up her feelings again. Jealousy, was a stupid, ugly green monster and she didn't like it at all.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:41 am

Parker laced his fingers together, wringing his hand together as he looked down at the able after he tried to explain as best he could. He didn't want her to be upset at something that was no so unimportant to his life. It hardly ever was but for a few short months when he dwelled on it. If things were different between him and that girl...how would she react then? Was it just hurt from him not saying anything for from what she had said a few days ago?

What she had said about him going off with some girl where she had been suffering struck him though, and it really hurt. He didn't want it to hurt her. She was his best friend and he hadn't wanted it to seem like he was 'replacing' her in some other way. Her silence for the few brief moments worried him and he looked at her, still wringing his hands together. She looked like she felt bad and started to apologize.

"Pyxis, don't worry about it. You saw it, and you got mad. I would too-" He furrowed his eyebrows and sighed a bit, looking down. "Look, I don't know...it's just been so stressful lately. I really can't blame you." As she went on apologizing again, he reached out and took the letter, holding it up. "It upset me too. And, no joke, I forgot I was even sent it less than a minute later. If I even bothered to remember I'd have been complaining to you about her already. Even if you hadn't found the letter." He looked at the letter between his fingers and the paper then caught aflame. He watched it burn a moment and he let go of it as it reached his fingers. It burned itself out as the ashes fell to the table. "There."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:11 am

Pyxis shook her head at herself in disappointment. So quick to fire up, so easy to frustrate, so irritated. It was as if she had this ball of rage within her, burning and getting bigger and it was rarely getting smaller no matter how angry she got. She blamed her parents, she had for a while now. All the hurt they'd caused her, the fear, the hatred, the anger had turned her into this monster. It was why Parker'd been one of her only friends, because other people called her 'Pyxis the monster' due to the fact that she often exploded at anyone who even slightly irritated - or even just interrupted her when she was reading. She wrung her hands together and crossed them over one another, before she realised what she was doing and forced her hands apart.

Pyxis' jealousy had faded away almost the instant he said he'd forgotten about the letter - which meant that he really just didn't care about her at all. She smiled as he also mentioned he would've get angry too. For some reason, this made her feel warm and fuzzy as she envisioned James sending her a letter. They'd dated for a few weeks, but he'd been rude to her and hit her whenever she'd yelled or said something that he didn't like. She could imagine that if he sent her a letter, she'd probably burn it and go on a rampage but not tell anyone why - like she always did. She smiled fondly as she remembered when she was younger and she'd often get angry and huff around Parker whilst he merely blinked in confusion. Often she'd not been angry at him, but had been grumpy around him and effectively confused him. Such a strange child she'd been.

"Would you now?" She asked with a grin, her anger gone now as her eyes twinkled mischievously. "Say you walked into my bedroom now and there was a letter on my bed from my ex, would you react like I did, because I can't picture you exploding straight away." Pyxis definitely couldn't see him getting angry, but she was thinking of sixth year Parker. This Parker was a little different but very much the same now that they'd moved on from the years apart. She giggled as he said that, glad that he honestly, honestly didn't care at all. She watched as the paper burned and raised an eyebrow at him. "Lovely. Taken on a bit of my fiery traits have you now?" She winked and looked up as the server came over.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:40 am

Having explained to her that he had genuinly forgotten about the letter, and there for held no feelings for her, he saw something small change in Pyxis and she seemed more relaxed. Had she been worried how serious it had been? Well, if she had any worries and she voiced them, he'd not keep back anything. It was nothing but a detrimental relationship if it could even be called that. And even at the basic level as a friend he wouldn't want Pyxis to hurt because he decided to refuse to talk about it. He already knew about the terrible things his silence did to her. If he wanted to fix things he'd need to be open again. He smiled a little though, while it always upset him it was also a bit of a quirk of hers to get so riled up so quick. He had just at that moment realized how well he handed it compared to everyone else. He had accepted it as just a part of her and yelling back or getting upset that she snapped at his simply was never worth it. They'd hate each other if he let it get to him. Instead he could say that he even found it endearing in a way.

He wondered briefly if he really would get as upset as she did. He would perhaps be bothered if she kept something like that, if they had talked about it. Perhaps it would depend on the other all mood he was in. He'd be less likely to turn mad and more likely to just lash out if already was mad for some other reason. Parker gave a shrug. "I don't know. I guess it would depend on what he wrote?" He thought a moment. "And I'm not exactly the exploding type, at least I hope. I more....simmer and boil over later? I think?" he couldn't even remember any more. At this point in his life and before the dark years that seemed true. Seventh and a while after that he certainly had some moments he really couldn't explain as anything other than explosive.

He smiled, looking down at the table, brushing the ash off the table. "I guess so." He then frowned a little and sighed. he hoped she didn't just try to send him letters whenever she got bored or something. That would be...bad. he then looked up as she did at the server that finally decided it was safe to come back to the table. He asked what they would like to drink and to eat. Parker shrugged, sitting back against the booth chair. "Uh, I don't know- Pyxis, you go first." He said, motioning towards her.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:10 pm

[[ Nuu! I shall stop these extremely long posts with my awesomeness, sorry Parkykins [[[Look at all of ma brackets<< Anyways, I know you're Taylor and all but Parkykins is just normal for me to say sah... deal with it Razz ]]] but I just dun have time for such long posts. Razz ]]

Pyxis grinned at that and fiddled with the edge of a napkin and began to pull out the stitching with an absent mind. "No, you aren't the boiling over type at all," she paused a moment to collect her thoughts and form them into comprehensible thoughts. "You're more the silent, contemplative type that reasons it out before exploding on everyone and getting irritated. The latter's definitely me, but I think I need to get counselling..." She left out the fact that she didn't have any money, nor a home so she wouldn't be receiving the required counselling for a while. Thoughts of her shabby hotel room that she could barely afford made her frown, but she shook her head and the negative thoughts seemed to fly out of them.

Pyxis looked at the server with a frown for a moment as she wondered what to order. She shifted her hand from picking at the napkin to collect the menu in her hand, and after she'd skimmed it quickly she slid it over to Parker and returned her piercing gaze to the server. Intimidating people was fun, and she had to hide her smirk as the poor girl cowered under her gaze. She softened it a bit. "I'll have a butterbeer," Pyxis paused. She preferred more childish drinks to the firewhisky, as if she'd turned to alcohol she would've been a drunk in Parker's absence - and that would not've been fun. "And yeah, thats it. Your turn." She looked back to Parker and smiled softly.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:50 am

[[[Hey, no worries at all! I know you got a lot going on. I do too, I really shouldn't be on D: haha, and it's fiiine, call me whatever. I'm more used to Parker on here anyways Smile But yush, I understand completely. lol they really have no need to be sooo long anyways. Stay well, Molls. Smile ]]]

Parker smiled a little, looking down at his hands that were resting on the table. If he were to be honest, he had no clue what kind of person he was anymore. He had times where he was both and everything in between. He much rather would be the Parker she idealized, but he knew circumstances had changed him.... He looked at her. "I think I do too...to be perfectly honest." he said with a small sigh. "Neither of us really have the money for it though, do we?" he looked back down at her restless hands. He did have one friend he could always go to see, the guy was so nice, he might not count whatever talks as an actual session. And since Pyxis and him were friends...if it ever came up again, perhaps he could ask for her too? It didn't seem like a bad idea for either of them.

He looked from the server to Pyxis as she took the menu. he took the menu when she held it over to him, and he raised an eyebrow at her curiously as she glared at the server. Did she know her and not like her or something? Oh, Pyxis, he'd never understand some things about her. He smiled a bit, and looked through what he wanted as she ordered just a butterbeer. "Oh come on, at least get something small to eat, an appetizer even. It defeats the purpose of a lunch otherwise." He looked up at the server. "Just a water and a dinner salad?" he said, giving his order. He wasn't a drinker, he didn't want anything sweet at the moment, and just didn't feel too hungry. Not to mention the plus that it was pretty cheap as well.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:06 am

[[xD Ikr, we just get carried away when posting sometimes... Razz You too Parkykins! Hope schools not too hard Sad ]]

Pyxis sighed heavily. Money. It was such a ridiculous thing that was so important in all worlds - muggle, wizarding, whatever! She ran a hand through her hair and shook it out, a smile arising to her lips at a random thought. It faded away as the seriousness of their conversation settled in and she was left thinking about their relationship. Complicated was one way to describe it. Pyxis was so in touch with her feelings, whereas Parker was the complete opposite and he'd voiced this at times. Many key details to each others new lives were missing, and yet despite their time apart it was easy to settle back into old routines. "No, neither of us do have the money." She responded with pursed lips. She looked down at the stitching she'd pulled free and chuckled, the napkin quickly released from her fingertips. "I haven't been practising since you left. I just didn't have the will, but I think I can start practising again now. I tried to after you left, but my magic was un-stable and I almost blew up my house at the time with the force of the wind, and I set fire to a person and almost killed them when they were trying to help me." She sighed. Her powers had always been un-stable, but he'd been the only person who could calm her when she was using them and get her to focus. Strange.

Pyxis frowned as the server turned her relieved attention to Parker and felt her jealousy flare up - even though the server was just happy to not be taking her order and dealing with her fierce glares. She shut her eyes, calmed herself and when she opened them once more he insisted that she eat something. She looked back at the server who stared at her with a slightly fearful look. Yay! This brought a grin to Pyxis' face. "I'll get... a frog in the hole." She said, knowing they served it here. She'd become rather fond of it ever since she'd discovered it when out with a friend - whom she was no longer friends with. She couldn't hold on to any of her friends very long, it seemed, and it was as if Parker and Alcyone were her only ones. As the server nodded and walked away, her eyes flicked back to Parker and she smiled happily at him. "You know, you're my only friend other than Alcyone, and we aren't that close. Its only because of Noah that we actually talked at all." She said softly, a light pink spread across her cheeks from embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:59 am

[Haha, yep, but it's just so goood! Thanks, soon it shall be over though! Very Happy]

He watched her hands as she pulled the napkin apart. He furrowed his eyebrows as she spoke of how she'd not practiced at all. In all these years? If only she'd been able too...he couldn't even imagine what she could have been capable of. He thought her abilities were truly unique and amazing. Hearing about the unstable damage she caused though, he looked more concerned, remembering just how powerful she was at times where she was emotional. He knew how dangerous she could be. "I'm sorry to hear that..." he didn't know quite what to say though, and for whatever reason he felt like it was his fault. "It'd be nice to see you practicing again..." He remembered some really cool times where she'd blown the wind around or formed fire and really was like the magic he'd grown up knowing about in the muggle world. But he also remembered some really terrifying times to when they had argued. He didn't want that ever again...

As he gave his order, he felt...well, what he supposed he could call a flare in her magical presence. All these years of training and he could quickly become sensitive to another person's energy or magic. And since she was always so strong in her emotions he could pick up on it almost right away. Parker smiled a little though when she did actually order some food, though the look she was giving the server was a tad unnerving. He let out a small sight, looking back down the untouched drink in front of him. His head still lowered a bit, he looked at her as she said he and Alcyone were her only friends. He realized that he was in the same sort of position as her...the only person he'd even seen out of work was the one friend he had wanted to talk to...He was still so closed off from everything. He smiled a little and nodded. "I know what you mean. I've...well, I suppose I really only have you. There was this one guy from work but..."he shrugged, "you know. We don't really talk now."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:21 am

[[ Razz Its so easy to get carried away with these two. Adorableness is just so adorable. :3 And yay~! Very Happy ]]

Pyxis bit her lip and tried to force down the question. She wanted to ask him if he'd like to hang around with her whilst she practiced, as his presence had a very calming effect on her - most of the time - but she felt strange asking that. Not because it would be awkward, she didn't think that, but because she had become shy around him now that he knew about her... feelings. Where normally she would've grabbed his hand and dragged him around, or sat next to him in the booth and joked around, she now picked at the napkin and tried not to blush when he looked at her. Stupid feelings and the problems they caused. "Well, i've always been very un-stable as my emotions control my magic a lot," she grinned at him. Pyxis felt herself beaming happily as he expressed that he'd like to see her practising. "I'd like you to come along, im still really prone to freaking out when I feel the power building up and when I panic that can cause a lot of destruction, so if I start to freak out, well, you know the drill." She winked. Many times when they were younger, her eyes had gone wide, her pupils dilated and Parker had been able to calm her down before she un-leashed havoc in a freak-out.

Pyxis wished that a male server could've taken their orders instead of a darn female, as if there was one thing Pyxis felt more than anger, it was jealousy. She was constantly jealous of people for having more money than her, for being prettier than her, for having better relationships than her, for having more friends than her, for just about anything. And with Parker, she'd always been so jealous of any girl that even looked twice at him that her face would occasionally turn red and she'd go on a rampage, leaving him utterly confused. Stop it, she chided herself. So what if she's looking at him? You don't own him, and you certainly don't have the right to be jealous, Pyxis sighed heavily at her thoughts and focused her attention on calming herself. The server returned with their drinks, and Pyxis took hers with a forced smile at the server. "Thanks." She mumbled. She raised her butterbeer, took a sip and then placed it back down once more as he spoke. "Well, i've always been like this - a loner except for you. I guess people just caught keep up with my quick tempers and my constant jabs like you can. Of course, you can't say the same, you were friends with half the female population in the early years at school." She grinned at him. And a majority of those girls I would've gladly killed, She added to herself.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:45 am

[Ahah, you got that right! Very Happy]

Parker smiled a little bit, things were getting one step closer to being back to normal. They were still quite awkward, all things considered. But all was well, or was going to be at least. "Of course, I'd always be happy to come. I know how you are better then anyone." he smiled, and nodded. "Yep, I know the drill." he said kindly. He always did love being out there with her. Something about her magic was just so energizing for him and he had to admit he missed that part of her too. Well, he missed everything really.

When he looked at Pyxis again she sighed heavily and had that same indescribable expression as always. He was about to ask her if she was okay when the server brought the fresh drinks. He let the server put down the drink and he didn't touch it as he watched Pyxis take a sip. "Pyx, just cause I had friends didn't mean I wasn't lonely." he said with a small sigh. "What you said is not true though. Everyone always tried to be there for you...you just never really let them in." He traced his finger around the grain of the wood on the table. "Well...we're older now, we've got a fresh chance now to make friends and turn things around..."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:26 am

Pyxis smiled happily as he agreed to come along. He couldn't possibly know, but her heart fluttered in her chest as she thought about it. She found herself staring at him adoringly for a moment before she was able to form a response. It meant a lot to her that he would say that, made her feel warm and happy. "Of course you do, i'd never let anyone else so close to me. Whether I wanted to or not." Pyxis admitted, touched by his words still. They sat in silence for a moment, a comfortable silence. Her mother had once told her that if you could sit in comfortable silence with someone, they must truly mean something to you.

Pyxis pursed her lips as he said that, her eyes troubled as she thought back to all those years. Her years at Hogwarts had been a roller coaster ride of emotions, her favourite being her sixth and her least favourite being her seventh. Her first had been traumatising, her second rather boring, her third eventful, and so on. Had he been lonely all that time? "Really? I always thought I was the lonely one, sitting around in the common room while you went off with your gal pal's," she teased lightly. Pyxis shrugged. "That could be it too," was all she said. She didn't want to talk about her issues with trusting people and making friends. "I don't know, im still the same old Pyxis in a way. I don't really like making friends."
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:46 am

Parker smiled back at her, glad to see her so happy. He was too. Just to have her back. He didn't know how to express just how much he missed all of this, it was so unfortunate how many years they had lost together by him leaving. He was touched by her words. Knowing that there was no one that shared the kind of bond the two of them did. If only they didn't have such complicated things between them. From the random fights to whatever else, he just wished it was all simple. But at the same time he didn't, the two of them were just so complex. If they made everything simple it wouldn't be the same. He looked down to his drink, taking a tentative sip as a relaxed silence came between them.

His eyes remained down, a little sad looking. He shook his head slightly. "If anything, going out with them sometimes made everything worse. I never knew what they were talking about half the time....nor did I really care." he admitted. "I always hated thinking that you were sitting behind so much. I invited you along so many times though..." His hand rested against the table, still wrapped around his drink. "I know...i mean you don't have to be all outgoing. Some people just aren't like that...but you need people. People need other people. It's just how it works, whether you like it or not." he said with a slight shrug.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:58 am

Pyxis shut her eyes and wished he could've let it drop. She couldn't count how many times he'd invited her along, how many times they'd fought over how anti-social she was and defensive. How she always shut people and snapped at them when they tried to help her. She rubbed at her temples and reigned in her temper, not wanting to yell at him when he was just trying to be a good friend. "I get it, I get it," she grumbled as her eyes opened once more. "We've had this conversation before. I trusted you and look where that got me? 9 years alone, thats where. Whats to say if I trust other people I won't just get hurt again? I trusted my parents and they hated me and kept me from the knowledge that I had a sister, who is now dead. I never even got to know her, because I trusted my parents. Trusting people is stupid, you're lucky I still trust you. So don't get started on me again about making friends, I don't want too," she kept her voice as calm as she could throughout her whole lecture.

Pyxis cast her eyes down to the table and raised her drink to her lips, leaving him to think as he often did after they had a fight - even if that was barely a fight. More just her trying to make him feel bad and leave her alone by bringing up things that should be locked in a box and thrown into a fire. She glanced back up at him and sighed. "Sorry, I just don't like trusting people. I thought you'd understand that after all these years..." She sighed again and then stared at the table once more. Great, now they were slipping back into awkwardness because she had to get on her high horse and scold him. She placed her hands on the table and tried not to do her 'finger thing'.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:27 am

He could see she was getting frustrated, this being a very worn over topic between them. He remembered all the talks between them when they did talk and it never got them anywhere. He didn't want to argue, he just wanted her to be happier. She deserved it... He winced slightly, and sighed, lowering his head slightly. "Pyxis, please...you can't let my fucking mistake have you not trust people-" he started to say, but stopped as she kept talking. "Sure there are some shitty people out there. ..but you also hurt yourself by not letting people in, by being so defensive all the time. You might not want friends but sometimes you need them." He said, no real strength behind his words because he was just so fed up of this discussion. He shook his head, sighing.

He looked up at her again. "Pyx, I understand better then anyone. That's why I try to talk about this stuff..." He let go of his glass and moved his hand more to the middle of the table to her. "I hope you understand that..."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:56 am

Pyxis sneered at him, her defensive walls up around her. It was a cold sneer, one that she used on people she was incredibly angry with or didn't particularly like. "You think that this is all about you, that you're the most important thing to me?" She asked icily, even though it was true. He was the most important thing in her world, but she was livid. She hated when he told her what to do about her friendship issues. "Its not! Not everything that I feel is because of you, its my parents too. You should know that, you always said your parents didn't love you." Her voice lowered an octave as a few people glanced at her. "I don't need anyone. I was alone for 9 years Parker, 9 years. Do you know what its like, to be abandoned by the only 3 people you liked? Haley left, Anne 'died', and you abandoned me. I was completely alone, I had no one. My mother died shortly after all of that. I was living in a shit hole Parker, I couldn't even go out at night because if I walked through my neighbourhood on my own i'd get raped. And now, im homeless. I live in a fucking hotel when im not at Hogwarts. You don't just get to waltz back into my life and tell me that I need anyone, I did fine by myself and I could do it again." She abruptly stood up.

"No, no you don't understand. Nobody understands." She looked at his hand and then shook her head. "I need to calm down before I do something that I don't want to do. I'll see you around." Pyxis stormed out of the Three Broomsticks (not after dropping the money for her drink on the table) and into the cold air. She didn't need anyone. She knew she didn't, why couldn't everyone just accept that? She sighed and shook her head, standing in the snow for a while, just watching people move about.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:17 am

Parker furrowed his eyebrows at the way she looked at him. What the hell was with that? "What?? Pyx, no, I didn't mean it like tha-" she cut him off. What was she saying this for, they both knew they meant the world to each other. "Pyxi- I know-!" He kept trying to cut in as she kept on going. He looked hurt, quickly glancing around when he felt the few looks over to them. "I just mean-" he groaned and looked down as he shut down. He was done. He didn't want to do this anymore.

He frowned, his head and eyes lowered as he leaned back in the chair. As she kept talking he just shook his head slightly. He wished she'd just listen to him. They always had misunderstandings, if they could just talk and listen, none of this sort of stuff would happen...

He didn't even look up when she stood. It was feeling like 7th year all over again. Sitting there, with nothing to say but everything to think about while she raged at him. He sat there as she stormed out, his chest aching and feeling like he was holding in a painful breath...which he was actually. He slowly breathed out as he stared at the table. He didn't dare move as he felt many of the people in there had seen and heard most of what had happened and were now looking over.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)   Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx) Empty

Back to top Go down

Out For Lunch (Parks & Pyx)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1