Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Secret Greenhouse (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
British - Muggleborn - Ravenclaw Third Year

Secret Greenhouse (open) Empty
PostSubject: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:29 am

Humphrey had somehow managed to stumble off a gigantic garden in the middle of a corridor. It was hard to tell there was a room there, but he did and walked in. This, was what he dubbed a secret greenhouse. Rows upon rows of flowers, and different kinds of plants filled up the entire room.

He decided to walk down one of the rows. Somehow, the row was seemed to go on forever. After a full four minute walk he finally reached the wall at the other end. Then he decided to search for the flower Morning Glory. They were his favorite. After a solid ten minutes of searching, he found his favorite flower. There was a group of them, and it seemed to him that their color enriched the plants around it. Humphrey then heard somebody else enter the secret garden. "Hello?" he called out into the room.
Back to top Go down
Tatiana Devit
Tatiana Devit

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:52 am

Tatiana had been really bored and wanted something else to do. She wanted to visit the garden but was afraid of touching something or getting dirty. Tati had discovered since she had came to the school it was really hard to keep everything clean and it bothered her, and she knew she could not go on like this.

When things got really bad she totally hated herself for it. But she heard the garden was beautiful and she wanted to see it. She had put on her long blue skirt and long sleeved matching shirt. She also put on a pair of gloves that matched, she didn't want to risk anything getting on her skin.

As she entered the garden and walked around she thought she had heard a voice calling out, she walked over to where she heard the voice and discovered it was another Raven and she was glad,

"Hello there, I am Tatiana." Tati smiled
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:57 am

The girl who had walked in was a fellow Ravenclaw. When she walked into his line of vision he recognized her instantly. "Hello Tatiana. I'm Humphrey. I think I recognize you from the common room. You are a Ravenclaw, right?" he asked her. Humphrey was glad that somebody had come in. He was happy for the company.

"You want to look at some flowers with me? Theses ones the Morning Glories, are my favorites." he told her, showing her the flowers. "What is your favorite plant?"
Back to top Go down
Tatiana Devit
Tatiana Devit

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:35 am

Tatiana smiled a little as she looked at the flowers, "It is nice to meet you Humphrey, and yes I am the weird Ravenclaw girl." That was when everyone called her so the neame just stuck.

"I guess I really do not have a favorite flower, I have never been much of an outside girl" Tatiana stated.

Tati never really outside she was always afraid to get into something unsanitary. Tati wanted to change that.

"I have a condition where I have a fear of getting sick, and I am always cleaning myself." Tati pulled out the bottle and quickly sanitized her hands.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:39 pm

"If you are afraid of getting germs and things, then why are you walking around a secret garden area?" he asked her, confused. "Aren't plants considered dirty and unsanitary?" Humphrey queried. Hmm, if Tatiana was a germophobic, it didn't make sense she was in what was basically a giant greenhouse.

"Alright, fair enough. I've always loved the outdoors, and I help my aunt Julia with the gardening every spring." he said. That was how he had learned about perennials, and which plants would only last one year. He knew which plants would bloom year after year, and which ones wouldn't. A lot of plants only lasted one year, and when they froze and died you had to clear them out of the garden.

"Well, if you ever want to hang out outside or here to try and get over your germophobia, then I can come along with you. Personally, I've never had a problem with dirt, germs, and the like."
Back to top Go down
Tatiana Devit
Tatiana Devit

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Tatiana had to laugh a little, "Yes they are, but as you can tell I am not touching anything I am just walking around."

Tatiana continued to walk around, "Well seeing is I don't know a lot about the outdoors maybe you can teach me some things about the flower in the garden."

Tati knew that she would be ok until she went to touch something, but she knew eventually she would have too.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:21 pm

"True, I did notice you were making sure to walk in the exact middle of the rows. As far away as you can get from the plants in here I guess." he said, laughing with her. He had never met anybody who was germophobic before. This friendship would be a new experience for him.

"Oh yea, no problem. Okay, the first thing you need to know about plants, and flowers in particular, is whether they are perennials or not. Perennials will bloom every year after they are planted. If they aren't perennials though, then the flower is an annual. So it will only bloom once, and you will have to plant new ones next year. Now, these are Morning Glories. Depending on which species of morning glory, they can be annual or perennial. Because some species of Morning Glory are more resistant to cold than others. But in warm climates Morning Glories are all perennial. It is my favorite plant to draw because of the colors of purple and blue that it has. I like to paint and draw, and Morning Glories are my favorites by far." Humphrey explained to her. While he was talking he showed her which flowers were Morning Glories. There were two different species in this particular greenhouse. There was a light blue one, and a soft purple.

"This light blue one here is a Blue Star Morning Glory." he said, indicating the light blue flower. "And this purple one here is called a Moonflower. The unique thing about the moonflowers, is they blossom at night. While other plants blossom during the day, generally the morning. This one is my favorite kind of Morning Glory. Also, Morning Glories can be eaten. They are used a lot specifically in Southeastern Asian countries in salads." he told her. Hopefully this wasn't boring her.
Back to top Go down
Tatiana Devit
Tatiana Devit

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Tati had to smile as she listened to Humphrey talk about the different flowers, she could not help but do something out of her character a little and placed her arm inside his arm as they walked, she really wanted to get over her fear and this was the best place to start.

"I like the color purple, these are really pretty. You say the moonflower only blooms at night. That is very interesting." Tati smiled

"I have heard the people eat dandelions too, and that is just weird. I like basic salad myself"

Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Humphrey could only blush when Tati placed her arm through his, and then he tripped over and fell on the ground. Noo!! Why did his feet have to trip him up at that moment. It was just completely unfair. Thankfully, he had managed to pull his arm out of Tati's before he fell, so it was just him. He blushed, and said, "Way to go idiot." It was a mutter under his breath.

He dusted himself off, and tried to salvage some of his dignity. "Purple is one of my favorite colors, it depends on the shade, and the day. Oh yea, it is really, really cool." he agreed enthusiastically.

"Dandelions are actually tastier than you would imagine. But, the morning glory leaves and stems are more salad-like. They are used commonly in certain parts of Asia. Really, really tasty too." Humphrey smiled, and decided to take a risk. He put his arm around Tatiana, and this time he initiated it, so he didn't fall over by the surprise of it all.
Back to top Go down
Tatiana Devit
Tatiana Devit

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Tati felt bad when Humphrey fell, "I am sorry, are you ok?" Tati went to offer her hand to help him up but he had already gotten up and dusted himself off.

"I never thought about liking one shade or another, I just like the color." Tati thought about it a little, "But if I had to choose I would have to say dark purple."

Tati had to blush a little when Humphrey put his arm around her she didn't know what else to do but put her arm around him.

"My parents always want me to try weird foods and I like to be simple." Tati smiled.

"So besides flowers what do you know about?"
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:27 pm

"I'm fine, and don't apologize. It was nice, just caught me off guard. Trust me, any time you want to put your arm around me, I will not mind in the slightest. Or lock arms through mine, or anything similar to that." Humphrey was still blushing, but it was a much lighter shade now.

Now his blush was gone, and he got to talk about flowers. Shades of colors as well, was interesting to him. "Soft light purples, like periwinkle, and bright vibrant ones are my favorite shades of purple. Also the pastel, medium purple used for easter eggs. Purple is just plain awesome! But, my favorite color is green, because I love the way it makes my eyes look. My eyes go between blue, blue with yellow, blue, yellow, and bits of green, green-yellow, green-blue, and green with bits of blue-yellow. Depending on what I wear, and when I had my most recent hair cut. Most of the time they are mainly green though...I'm weird I guess." (my eyes in real life do this as well, very convenient when dressing up nice)

"Well, it is simple. Just a little bit different, if you try it you might like it. But, if you don't want to that is fine as well." he said, not wanting her to feel uncomfortable in any way.

"Well, let's see. Muggle sports, Muggles in general since I'm Muggleborn, painting, music, sketching, a tiny bit about sculpting, want to do more sculptures, poetry, music in general, playing bass guitar, acoustic guitar, piano, composing original music of my own, history, and lots of other subjects. I like to learn about things, and at home since my guardians are anti-social, I spend a lot of time at the library. Both in our house, and at the one in our town. Most of all though, I know that I like it when you blush Miss Devit. Very, very distracting, though, because it makes you look even prettier." he said, blushing again himself.

Back to top Go down
Tatiana Devit
Tatiana Devit

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Tati could not believe how comfortable that she was feeling with Humphrey, especially for someone who was never around people much.

"Well I suppose I would not mind placing my arms around you, but I don't want to make any girls jealous." Tati could not help but blush, she was never the type of girl any boy ever wanted, she was to weird.

Tati had to smile as she listened to Humphrey talk about the different shades and colors of everything. Tati leaned her head on his shoulders

"You are so passionate about the flowers, I wish I had something to be passionate about." Tati sighed

"I spend most of my time at home in the library too, not much else to do at my house either."

Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:46 pm

"Girls getting jealous? What are you talking about, it's just me. I'm a geeky, odd, know-it-all. That is what people always say when they don't think I can hear them." Humphrey told her, trailing off into his own memories.

"Tatiana, any boy would be lucky to have you. I think we are a bit too similar though to be more than friends. But trust me, a boy is going to come along who is perfect for you and snatch you up. I would, if there wasn't...well, I don't know yet. There are a couple of other girls that I think balance my craziness out a bit better." Humphrey said, not trying to hurt her feelings. "Maybe we can be best friends though Miss Devit. If you want to, that is." he said, grinning at her. He didn't want things to be awkward between them.

"You can have a passion for learning, as well as for books. Maybe you could become an author, or book publisher. Something to do with books, Tati. Solve both your problems, kill two birds with one stone." Humphrey said, grinning at her widely.
Back to top Go down
Tatiana Devit
Tatiana Devit

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Tati sighed, "Thats what they always say about me, along with making fun of me cleaning everything. But no one understands why I do what I do. No one takes the time to get to know me."

"Trust me Humphrey no one wants me, little muggleborn freak that is all I am." Tati sighes she was starting to become a little sad when he talked about being best friends.

"Sure, I can be your best friend, seeing is I have no friends at all. But do me a favor, please don't call me Miss. Devit, I get enough of that at home."

Tati took a few moments to think about things.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 3:55 am

He hugged her, instinct told him hug her. For once, he just shut up and listened. For about a minute, then he comforted Tatiana, well tried to, "Well, they are all crazy, and it's their loss. Tatiana, you are awesome! Okay, hear me, but don't let what others think get you down. I know it sucks, but the best way to beat a bully is show they don't bother you." Humphrey was a softie, and girls crying was just plain wrong to him.

"I'm a muggleborn freak as well, and anybody who wouldn't want you is shallow. So they aren't worth your time anyways." He sat down, and then took a deep breath. "You want a shoulder rub?" Humphrey asked her, she needed to relax a bit.

He just burst out laughing. Trying to contain it, with his sides splitting was a difficult task. Calming down, he turned serious. "No problem Tatiana, such a beautiful name. For such a beautiful person. I totally understand, no worries. Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase. Hakuna Matata, ain't no passin' craze!" he sang in a softer voice than he normally did, but still with an energized tone.
Back to top Go down
Tatiana Devit
Tatiana Devit

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Tati sighed as she listened to Humph talk to about about how she should look at things, "Well it is easy to ignore what people say I have been doing it long enough."

Tati had to laugh a little when he sat down and asked her if she wanted a shoulder rub, "Why not, it might feel good."

Tati sat down and allowed him to give the shoulder rub, "Well I love my name, but it can be a handful sometimes, you can call me Tati if you want."

Tati had to smile when he started singing, "I love that movie."
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:06 am

"Hey, don't think like that. If you give people a chance to get to know you. Believe me, they will respect you for who you are. You might not become the most popular girl in school, but you don't have to hide from it. I'll be here whenever you need help." Humphrey told her, looking at her with a look of kindness in his eyes.

"Well, I'll do my best to help." he said, grinning. Putting his hands on her shoulders, he started searching for knots in the muscles. There were a couple small ones right by the base of the neck, and slowly, Humphrey began to work on loosening them.

"It isn't a handful. Personally, I love your name. Nevertheless, if you prefer Tati that is what I shall call you." Now, the knots around her neck were loosening up, and finally the muscles relaxed. He searched for others, and finding zero more, Humphrey just decided to make it as calming as possible.

"Well, it is a great one. I always say you can't beat a good Disney Movie. The Lion King is one of their best as well."
Back to top Go down
Tatiana Devit
Tatiana Devit

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:09 am

Tatiana had to smile, she really liked Humphrey and the more she hung out with him she knew he was right there was just something about him and her and it would never work. She had hoped they could become the best of friends because already he has gotten her to loosen up and she got rid of the gloves.

"I promise, I will no longer hide and I will get rid of the spray. Then maybe people will look at me a little different." She still could not believe he had not asked her why she did have the spray and hand sanitizer.

"Well being my best friend you can call me which ever name you would like." Tati said as she leaned back into Humphrey.

"Maybe we can get together sometime and watch the movie, that might be fun.." Tati looked at the time.

"I believe I better get going, things to do." Tati smiled
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:34 am

She smiled, and he had a suspicion that she was thinking about the possibility of them being together. He hoped she saw that they would be better off as friends. As much as he liked Tatiana, he just didn't think of her like that. Her as a best friend though, that would be a good thing, and doable.

"That's great, Tati. I'm sure they will look at you differently, but if they don't. Well, that is what you have me for, to stick up for you. I'm not going to let anybody bully you. I'm sure you can do most of the sticking up on your own though. But, if you do need help, just ask." Humphrey told her.

"Really, whatever named I'd like. Now that changes things, how about Tater Tots then? Since I can call you anything, according to you." he said, making a ridiculous joke. He loved making jokes, most of the time they weren't that funny, but it was still fun. Tati leaned back into his rub, and he pushed just a bit harder at certain points. Humphrey knew how hard to push, and his thumbs found spots that would hopefully help her relax and enjoy the feeling of a back rub.

"Oh yea, that would be fun. Just let me know when you want to do it, most of the time I am free." Then she looked at the time, and he knew she had probably last track of it. Time for her to go.

"Alright Tati, see you later. Have a nice day, best friend." Humphrey said, smiling at his fellow ravenclaw.
Back to top Go down
Tatiana Devit
Tatiana Devit

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:22 am

Tati like the idea of having a best friend, someone she could always go too when she was in trouble. She knew that this would be the best for her. As she was walking away she had to smile and then turned back to Humphrey.

"You are just to funny. You can call me tater tot if I can call you humpty dumpty." Tati had to laugh at the name.

"Its a date then, and I will see you later." With that Tati walk back through the garden and threw her gloves in the trash.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret Greenhouse (open)   Secret Greenhouse (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Secret Greenhouse (open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Site Closed :: The Archives :: Old & Dead-