Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Good Heavens What Is That? (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Biabin Conway
Biabin Conway
Irish - Muggleborn - Hufflepuff First Year

Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Good Heavens What Is That? (Open)   Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 pm

"Now Bin-Bin, I want you to stay right close to me do you understand?" Aunt Muirenn's voice could be heard through the street well over the more pleasant voiced screech of the owls. It wasn't that Aunt Muirenn had a displeasing voice, on the contrary Biabin loved her voice, but Aunt Muirenn who held the girls hand so tight her fingers were purple was at her wits end with fright. "Strange people doing strange things, I don't like. I don't like it one bit!" she muttered in presumably what she thought was a hushed tone. A few people turned to gawk at the gray haired woman whose face had gone quite pale upon arrival to this place of oddities.

"Is was it is Murr..." Uncle Arwel said softly as he walked beside the two, hands in his pockets. He was having a fit himself, witchcraft! He bit his tongue, he'd said his piece they knew he thought it was devil's work, nothing left to be said on the matter. Uncle Arwel noticed Biabin had slowed to watch what could only be described as a 'street performer' who was transforming their body into various things from a tea pot, head and one arm still intact to a cow, all to the laughter of children. Reaching out Uncle Arwel put his hand over the girl's eyes and quickened his pace, it was sick!

"Uncle!" Biabin groaned her voice slightly muffled as her face was hidden beneath his large wrinkled hand. "Ah wanna ta see the show!" she said trying to pry his hand away. She was getting ready to spin out of his grasp and make a run for it when a terrifying howl cut through them like a knife.

"Good heavens what was that?" Aunt Muirenn shrieked pulling the similarly petrified Biabin tightly to her bosom.

Accessing the situation in a breath Arwel said, "Quick, in here!" the words, 'I told them, devil's work, it's a demon come for us now!' playing in his mind as he shoved them into a shop.

It took their eyes several moments to adjust to the sudden change in light but when they finally did all three gasped in amazement. "Look at that!" Biabin shouted excitedly as she bolted towards a precariously stacked pile of books. Muirenn darted after her leaving Arwel alone to scorn the proprietors of the shop as he glared at them. "Look!" Biabin said to her aunt as she grabbed a book off a shelf, she nearly screamed when a pile came hurtling towards her but then they stopped and righted themselves floating back to their previous places. Aunt Muirenn fell backwards, a chair scurried quickly along the floor to catch her. This however only added to her stress, but to Biabin's fascination as well.

After a few moments Arwel looked around to be sure no one was watching. Stepping to a self he deftly removed a book that had caught his eye. Dragons From Here to There By Charles Weasley. Arwel opened it, the gay days of his childhood flooding back he couldn't help but remember the time he and his mates swore they saw a great fire breathing, winged lizard soaring over his Telford home, he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews
British - Pureblood - Slytherin Second Year

Male Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Good Heavens What Is That? (Open)   Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:58 pm

"You best be behaving yourself young man, or so help me I will leave this instant and your father will finish your shopping!" Carey's mother called out annoyed, smacking the back of his head as they walked out from the Robe shop. Carey grimaced and moved his hand to the back of his head, rubbing it as he looked around. He'd been around here to Diagon Alley before, but he hadn't ever come around the crazed time that was pre-school shopping. He wasn't old enough to remember when he'd come for his older brother's shopping. She continued to scold him for being so rude to the others in the Robe shop, even throwing in a 'you should be nicer like your brother.'

He huffed and rolled his eyes, putting his hands in his pockets as he ignored her. All she wanted was to have more guest of 'diversified backgrounds' to attend her fancy parties, because apparently the newest trend was tolerance, and his mother took pride in the family's already 'forward thinking', not really having cared about blood status for plenty of generations. His mother then turned from him as they walked and she snatched up an issue of the Daily Prophet with her charm-manicured fingers as she passed a vendor, giving a smile to the man. She gave smiles and waves to plenty of people as they walked to the book store. Carey groaned, hating that he was being ignored. This was supposed to be his day.

As he looked to the side, he smiled a little seeing the little spectacle being put on in front of one of the stores. His walking slowed a bit so he could watch, but his mother had grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and half dragged him along until he sped up to her pace again. "Why can't we just slow down for a few minutes! My legs hurt!" he complained. His mother just tucked a strand of hair that had pulled free from her bun to behind her ear saying, "You can complain to me about your legs hurting when you start wearing high heels, dear." Carey glared down at her feet. How the hell she walked so fast in those was beyond him. This was no fun at all if you couldn't get lost in the crowds and caught up in all the excitement. It just seemed his mother was making a social event or a chore out of it.

He sighed, keeping his hands in his pockets as he turned into the bookstore, his mother turning around to tell him to keep his hands to himself. Carey looked up walking a few paced from his mother, seeing a very confused and flustered looking older woman with a bright-faced girl around his age. He figured it was just some unfortunately overwhelmed muggle parent or something.

His mother had taken in a deep, satisfied breath and looked to the side, seeing an older man with a book. She stepped over and gave a polite smile as she commented vacuously. "A fan of Weasley, are you? His writing is good but I find the classics are much better, far more informative. Though, I have to say his photos are absolutely marvelous, you can nearly feel the heat come off the page!" She breathed out, tucking another strand of hair behind her ear.
Back to top Go down
Biabin Conway
Biabin Conway

PostSubject: Re: Good Heavens What Is That? (Open)   Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:43 am

Arwel jumped at the first question, caught reading this book in this place his heart hammered as he tossed it back to the shelf. "I wasn't reading it!" he said in a soft rush as the woman went on. He stood petrified as he looked at her eyes bulging. He took a shaky breath and opened his mouth to say something, not a sound emerged, he closed it. Arwel's brows knit tightly together as he looked the woman over, she was beautiful and in no way what he expected to find in such a place. He opened his mouth again, the giddy little boy in him urging him to ask about the book, where he could see such photos, begged him to ask her where he could see an actual dragon! He paused, he was old and wasn't going to be able to do much before his body froze up on him. "No." he said simply at last still too strongly set in his convictions. Glancing once more to the book he turned to find Muirenn and Biabin.

Her eyes wide as a troop of books floated over her head back to their shelves Biabin jumped trying to snatch one out of the air. "Oh, don't do that!" Aunt Muirenn shrieked as she stood reaching out for the girl. "Bin-bin," she howled pulling the victorious girl towards her and she flipped through a captured book. "You're going to break your neck!" she scolded. "If you want to go to that Hogwarts we need to find everything on this list!" she explained shaking a piece of paper at her, her voice high and pinched as it began to fade, if she kept it up she would soon loose it entirely.

"Look a it 't's a book 'bout herbs and," she paused as she read on. "Eye o' newt!" her nose wrinkled. "And some't called mandr'ke root." her eyes were wide and bright as she read all the while being pulled behind her aunt who was pressing a hand tight against her belly.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Good Heavens What Is That? (Open)   Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 5:02 am

Carey's mother, Katerina, rose her thin eyebrows slightly as he tossed the book back into the shelf. She pursed her lips slightly, at his curious exchange of expressions, and was trying to put her finger onto what was up with him. Her face lit up when the pieces all clicked. Of course! He had to have never been to such a place before, foreign or muggle, there was something about him that seemed a bit out of place. Smiling, she opened her mouth to speak but his harsh 'No' had cut across. She straightened her self up a bit more, raising an eyebrow at him, how rude. She followed with her eyes the direction he went. Ah, there was his child. She let out a small sigh, looking at Carey and then went off to find the owner of the store for a chat before she bothered to start picking out Carey's books.

Meanwhile, said boy was standing a few feet off from where the woman and the girl were, watching them almost amused. The old woman was a terrible worry-wart. He frowned a bit though, figuring it must be tough, being thrust into such a world so suddenly. A floating book coming from behind him, he ducked without looking as he took the few steps forward. He tilted his chin up a bit, giving a charming smile like he did to all the adults at his mothers parties. "I could help you find your books, lady." he saw the way the woman seemed to be holding onto the girl for all it was worth, almost as if she'd start floating up without warning in all her excitement. "And- you know, just stop and take a breath, relax. You might also want to let her go before someone thinks you're tryin' to kidnap her or something." he said with a slight condescending air to it, and a slight laugh. From the little he'd known of muggles and muggleborns they often seemed very cautious of all this magic business.

He looked down at the girl, smirking. "We're not all that bad and scary, you know. If you just relax you can feel the books coming, that or they'll move around you." Just as he said, he moved his head aside a bit as another book came by and stacked itself.
Back to top Go down
Biabin Conway
Biabin Conway

PostSubject: Re: Good Heavens What Is That? (Open)   Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 7:07 pm

Her heart still racing Aunt Muirenn looked in a gawking manner at the boy who spoke, half expecting him to burst into flames at any given moment. She shook her head free of the image and smiled slightly. "Yes thank you dear that would be lovely!" she said trying to pry the book from Bin-bin's hands as she read about things that turned the woman's stomach. At hearing the boy's sharp sounding remark however, the old lady within took hold as she nearly yanked up his ear and asked, 'Where is the mother who taught you to speak like that? You don't disrespect you're elders young man!' She smiled a bit more warmly instead hoping to hide this as she turned their list towards him.

Dodging away from her aunt Biabin glanced up from her book as the boy spoke to her. "Oh," she said turning towards him avidly. "Ah don' think there anythin' scary 'bout it!" she beamed at him. "Ah think is wonderful! Do you, er," she paused not knowing how to phrase her question. "There was a man in the street over there, he turned hisself inta all sorts o' things, can you do tha'?" she asked smiling as she eyed the boy all over absolutely positive that he was some sort of magnificent being capable of marvelous feats. She swore she could feel power radiating from him as with everything in the shop. Aunt Muirenn however, only felt only annoyance from him.

Arwel who was beginning to feel himself a rat in a maze took another right finding himself in areas of the store with less and less traffic, he couldn't quite tell if he should be glad of that just yet. As he walked something small and scaly scampered between his legs, his gate long and sure despite himself. Jumping he collided with a book case causing a few of it's items to fall from it. Stooping, his back giving a pang his picked them up. As he retrieved the final book which seemed to be bound with fur he froze. It could have just been him, but he thought the book was breathing!
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Good Heavens What Is That? (Open)   Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:04 am

Carey narrowed his eyes a bit and tilted his head at the woman due to the strange look she was giving him. He shook it off as she shook hers off, giving him a small smile. He smiled again but shook his head slightly when she tried to pry the girls hands off the book. He knew that once someone their age got their hands on something that caught their interest there was no getting it away from them. When he looked back to the older woman though, he saw a look in her eyes that reminded him of his own mother. He cleared his throat uncomfortably, keeping his small smile as the look in her eyes fade. He waved away the list at first when she turned it to him. "I'm looking fer my own books, I've got my own list...or..." He looked behind him to find his mother to have disappeared and sighed, looking back at the two. "Well, my mum had it, so let me see that one then." He reached his hand out to take the list from her.

Carey couldn't help but smile warmly with the way the girl beamed at him. He let out a short laugh when she asked if he could do the same thing as they performer outside. "Oh, Merlin no! Not yet, and not that I'd ever want to! I'm only just starting school, you are too, right?" He brought the list close to his face squinting as he read it. "The most I can do is some accident stuff when I get mad. Mum says that happens to lots o' kids before they learn how to control it at Hogwarts." He looked up and pointed at the book she was holding. "Well, I think that's the first thing on th' list actually. Grab me one too, will ya?"

Carey then turned around, holding the list close to his face again, waving for the two to follow him. He smiled to himself, liking the bit of responsibility and say he had over the two which probably saw him as some all knowing being in this weird place. Though, he honestly had hardly an idea of where this stuff was. He turned down an aisle in the back which he assumed had the Defense Against books, though he couldn't make out the sign. The shelf rattled slightly as at the other end the older man had bumped it, knocking some books out.
Back to top Go down
Biabin Conway
Biabin Conway

PostSubject: Re: Good Heavens What Is That? (Open)   Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:22 am

Biabin listen carefully as he explained about accidental magic and wondered if she'd ever done anything without knowing it. She turned to her Aunt Muirenn in wonder, she older woman shook her head sharply once, 'Now's not the time Biabin!' the motion said. An ecstatic expression on the girl's face upon hearing the boy's request she craned her head skyward. "Yes!" she replied before leaping up and retrieving one for him, much to her aunt's dismay. Biabin held his book tightly along with her own slightly afraid that it would decide to suddenly fly away again. Feeling that she was in good hands she happily followed the boy.

Arwel's breath caught as he watched the book on the floor cautiously before deciding to walk back the way he'd come.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Good Heavens What Is That? (Open)   Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:17 pm

As Carey led the girl around to get the rest of her books he gave a curious look at the man that was walking away cautiously. He looked down as he took a few more steps and saw a book on the floor, he leaned down to pick it up, feeling the fur. He remembered his brother had a book like this from school, and that to make sure the book didn't try to freak out, he knew that he need to stroke the spine of the book. It must have looked strange, like he was petting it, or something like that. He looked back to the girl and smiled. "You're not taking Care of Magical Creature's class are you?" he brought the list close to his face again. "Oh, you are-" he held out the book. "Be careful with this one, okay? You've gotta pet the spine of it to keep it calm. It's kinda cool. It's like a creature itself. I'm not taking that class though, so we just need one." he then pulled the book back to himself. "I'll hold this one for now."

He looked around, continuing to walk, "Now for a Potion's book!" he said happily. "I need one of those too." he walked a few more aisles down, looking up and squinting at the signs as he passed them, he turned down one, and was able to find the books, grabbing two. He then handed her her books, and took his. "I've gotta few more of my own books to look for. But...I'll see you around at school hopefully, yeah?"
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Heavens What Is That? (Open)   Good Heavens What Is That? (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Heavens What Is That? (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1