Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Broken (Alec and Dorian)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dorian Kraine
Dorian Kraine
British - Pureblood - Auror & OOTP

Male Posts : 130

Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:35 am

Alec's comment only strengthened Dorian's resolve to see Tess again. Yes, he was stubborn as hell. He shrugged inwardly, figuring he couldn't lose any more respect Alec could have once had for him.

"I'm a fucking masocist, mate. I told her about Rose." He looked away from Alec, not wanting to see his response. "Not all of it, not really any of it. But I told her she died. And...that that's why I didn't think she understood love. Cause she'd never felt that kind of love before." He rubbed at his neck, itching to get another drink, but fighting it.

Be honest, he told himself. "I want more, Alec. And not just to get her out of my system." He sighed. "You should have seen her. The way she talked about love and emotion. As if she'd die for them. I want that, man. I know it's stupid, but I do." He wanted to feel like he was more than just a lonely bachelor. That he meant something to someone for a goddamn second.
Back to top Go down
Alec Black
Alec Black
British - Pureblood - Auror & Hogwarts Professor

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:52 am

Alec chuckled and put his glass down.

"I always knew you had your kinks mate, but never that extreme" he said chuckling trying to lighten the mood.

But it was still dampened at Dorian's stupidity. Honestly, could this boy be any stupider?! He groaned and slouched in the seat.

"You're an idiot. She doesn't want to see you, hell she'd avoid you like the plague. No matter what you said man, you never bring up your deceased fiancee. She ran for the hills." he told him honestly. "And also, whoever this girl was, you don't know that, the fact you presumed probably angered her. Women are delicate and fucking messes too."

He shook his head at his friend's determination. It was pointless, and the fact that he wanted whatever love that woman wanted to give to someone, well that was going to be a train wreck.

"It's going to be a wreck, don't you think there's someone out there for you that's not her? You mucked it up bad, maybe she'll find someone less....extreme? You need to just leave her alone before she calls us to take you in to the insane asylum."
Back to top Go down
Dorian Kraine
Dorian Kraine

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:14 am

Dorian punched Alec in the arm, smirking. "I wasn't the one who needed rescuing from his own flat." He remembered showing up to leave on a case, only to find Alec tied to his own bed, thankfully covered enough with a sheet. He laughed. "If I never see that much of you again it'd be too soon."

Sighing, he let his head fall into his hands. Alec was right, the git. Tess had run. Slapping and screaming. But he'd gone after her. And maybe, because of that, just maybe, he could keep going after her.

"Maybe you're right. I did act like an ass." And he hadn't even told Alec the half of it. But...the idea of never seeing that fire in her eyes again had his stomach in knots. I have to know...
Back to top Go down
Alec Black
Alec Black

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:55 am

Alec laughed and winked at his friend. He knew that he was stubborn, and to him he was basically stupid. There was no point wasting his time on some girl that probably didn't want to see him at all.

He glared immediately as he was reminded of that day. It wasn't his fault, not really, Irene was hot, and the leather soon made sense the moment he had the collar on and the riding crop was near him. He was wide-eyed and well why he got his business and everything was successful, he was left there with her number written in candle wax on his chest and was tied up.

"Hey it was great, and I have no regrets over that woman. Hell if I wasn't taken..." he trailed off.

Shaking his memories away, he shook his head. His friend was a major ass, and the girl had no idea what was coming her way.

"You're still going to do it, despite everything? Is she really worth it?"
Back to top Go down
Dorian Kraine
Dorian Kraine

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 am

Dorian laughed at the look shot at him. He'd known Alec before he had his reputation, but that had been way too much information. He raised his eyebrow at his friend. "Does Victoria know what she's getting herself into?"

He stomach growled, not satisfied with just the sandwich. He stood and moved to the kitchen, deciding to make them some real food. "How are you two, anyway?" Dorian really was curious about their relationship. As much as he would like to think that Tess and his...whatever only depended on the two of them, he knew that Alec and Victoria's relationship had a lot to do with it.

Alec's question stopped him in the archway into the kitchen. How did he know him so well! He shifted his eyes, as if the floor beneath him held all the answers to his questions. Could he go through the possible pain again? Did he want to? Did he really think that a woman like her could give to shits for him? "Yes."
Back to top Go down
Alec Black
Alec Black

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:33 am

Alec threw the pillow across the room to hit him and glared. He wasn't even thinking about sex and Victoria....okay well he was lying, but he didn't want to pressure her or think that it was all he was looking for. He was forcing himself to be normal, and so he ignored his normal urges.

He chuckled and his gaze followed Dorian wondering what he was up to. He shrugged and let him change the subject, he knew that it was a method he was used to getting with Dorian.

"We're doing fine, being together more often than usual. It's...domestic, I'm not complaining but it's definitely new." he said.

He shook his head at his comment and sighed. It was going to be a giant wreckage and he shook his head. His friend was so stupid it was ridiculous.

"Idiot"
Back to top Go down
Dorian Kraine
Dorian Kraine

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:33 am

Dorian caught the pillow and tossed it on a nearby chair. He furrowed his brow at the glare, not really understanding why Alec would react that way. He shrugged and opened his fridge.

Getting things together to make spaghetti he smirked. If it was anyone else, he would ask if it was okay, but Alec? He'd eat anything Dorian made. When Alec mentioned the word 'domestic', he laughed.

"Really! And how is that?" It was hard to imagine Alec ever being domestic. But he was happy for him. "Has she broken that icy exterior of yours?"
Back to top Go down
Alec Black
Alec Black

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 am

Alec rolled his eyes and laid lazily on the couch, as if it was his. Well it was his designated chair but still, he was just glad to be around the home that was almost as comfortable as his own.

"We played twenty questions" he sighed. "She wants to know more about me and everything, I go along with it because..well women are complicated."

He honestly didn't know if he could actually open up as much as he'd like, but he was trying at his own pace. He wondered briefly why Dorian even cared.

"Are you trying to distract me from talking about your mystery girl?"
Back to top Go down
Dorian Kraine
Dorian Kraine

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:15 am

Stirring the pasta, Dorian smirked at Alec. As usual he was making hiself at home. They'd been like this since he could remember. He had no siblings, so Alec was the closest he had.

He'd grabbed a can of pop from the fridge and was just taking a drink as Alec told him about their date. He was barely able to keep it in. Twenty questions?!?!!? That wasn't like him at all. But as he heard his assesment of women, he nodded. As crazy as women could be, he didn't think Alec would do that for anyone else. The fact that he was trying said a lot.

His stomach turned at having to keep Tess a secret. He hated it. But thinking about it, he knew he'd get nothing but a black eye from telling him. Instead, he sighed and made up plates for them.

"As a matter of fact, I am. What do you want to know? The exact details of how I fucked up, or something?"
Back to top Go down
Alec Black
Alec Black

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:21 am

Alec let out a lazy smirk and shrugged. He was surprised his friend didn't give him any crap for playing twenty questions, it was out of character and childish, but he was trying and he figured as long as Victoria was happy he was willing to waste his time on something seemingly frivolous.

He smirked seeing Dorian act so domestic by cooking for the pair. He figured that it'd be Dorian to be the one who could cook. All Alec knew how to make was a bowl of cereal, some toast, and a sandwich, everything else could be delivered, he figured.

"I want to know her life story" he replied sarcastically. "How did you meet her mate? Or was she there the whole time?"
Back to top Go down
Dorian Kraine
Dorian Kraine

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:43 am

Dorian passed Alec the plate and sat back down. "Shut up," he mumbled, when he saw Alec's look at him being domestic. He was always like this, but Alec never picked up on the hints that maybe it was a good thing to learn how to cook.

Taking a bite, he looked at his friend. "I have to be honest with you. I'm glad to see you with her. I know you're not used to this whole commitment thing, but...it's a good step." He figured if he was going to open up today, might as well continue with the honesty.

He stopped with his fork halfway to his mouth. Yes, Alec was being sarcastic. But how could he tell him more without telling him all of it? "We've kind of been aquaintences for years, but I never really got to know her. She kind of helped me out in a jam and I just went ahead and asked her out."
Back to top Go down
Alec Black
Alec Black

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:51 am

Alec rolled his eyes but took the plate of spaghetti. He knew the look Dorian was giving him. He chuckled at his comment and looked at him acting as innocent as he possibly could.

"I don't need to know how to cook. I know the basics and I have you who likes to play house, well basically wife, that cooks for me when I need it" he said smirking. "I can order if it gets tough."

He was surprised at Dorian's comment. Now, knowing that Dorian was having thoughts about commitment he knew that it was important for him to say it and it made him feel a bit better of the whole situation. Domestication wasn't innate in him, but he was trying, Merlin knows he was trying.

"Why hadn't you asked her sooner if you knew her for some time? Was she an ugly bird before that finally got you know...more suitable for your tastes?"
Back to top Go down
Dorian Kraine
Dorian Kraine

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am

Dorian scoffed at Alec's sad attempt at an excuse. He shrugged. Well, the way things were going, he'd at least have either Victoria or himself to make sure he didn't pig out on takeout every night.

"Well, that just means that if you ever need to impress Victoria, you could actually cook something for her. That'd get you laid for sure." Not that he really needed the help, most likely.

He was quiet for a little bit. He really didn't know why he hadn't noticed Tess before now, at least like he did starting in the hospital. Maybe it was because he was used to dealing with beautiful women all the time. Looks weren't everything anymore to him.

"Nothing like that, mate. It's just that...I never got the chance to really know her. She's beautiful, but that isn't everything anymore." He sighed. "It's her heart that's gotten me."

Back to top Go down
Alec Black
Alec Black

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:12 am

Alec raised his eyebrow before bursting into laughter. There were only a few people that really made him burst into laughter and it was usually Dorian the one that did it the most often. He almost choked on his spaghetti and drank some water trying to stop his coughing fit. Once that whole fiasco was over he chuckled.

"I've been getting laid for over ten years, do you really think I need to learn how to cook now? I'll hire a maid if needed and impress her then. As much as she loves food I'd rather take her to Belgium for chocolate than learn how to cook."

Alec rolled his eyes at the cheesiness of the comment'; it seemed unnatural. To him a good heart that got to a person before looks meant that she wasn't much to look at in the beginning. Victoria was beautiful AND had a good heart, but to Dorian the heart meant more? She was boring and nothing special in the looks department.

"Her heart? When you mean beautiful do you mean like cute? You know nice enough looks but you need a good personality to get on in life, or she could live with a shitty personality and be fine?"

He didn't want to sound shallow but he was genuinely curious.
Back to top Go down
Dorian Kraine
Dorian Kraine

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 am

Dorian rolled his eyes. What else did he expect? Alec wooed women for a night, maybe two. He wasn't accustomed to long term romances. To small gestures of love and appreciation. Of going out of ones way just for a smile, or a laugh. He'd learn eventually. But it was good to hear him laugh.

He smirked at the assumption that Tess wasn't beautiful. It wasn't like he could prove it, Merlin knows. And even if he did tell her, and managed not to get his lights knocked out, Alec was never going to see her the way he did.

"She's drop dead gorgous, you git. Long dark curls that just beg to be touched. Eyes that dance. And her mouth...Merlin, don't get me started. And I'm not talking about her body." He had to admit, it was a little funny, saying this about Alec's sister. But it was all true. And he was willing to take the beating when Alec finally found out about Tess. Because she was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Alec Black
Alec Black

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:47 am

Alec shook his head. Whatever he was feeling, he was really smitten, it was weird, he had only gotten like this as a kid, but now? Really? He was twenty-four years old and he sounded like a horny teen.

"Love is blind" he said simply. "If she's so good, then I just don't see why you didn't just pick her up long ago. I know, I know, her heart hadn't appealed to you blah blah. But you have terrible timing or was terribly blind."

He shrugged, the way he talked about her was as if she was surreal, too perfect at least in Dorian's description. Didn't really make sense to him but then again Dorian has always been a strange one.

"If she's this perfect then I have no idea why you fucked it all up."
Back to top Go down
Dorian Kraine
Dorian Kraine

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:09 am

He growled, wanting to hit something in frustration. He couldn't tell Alec it was Tess, but if he didn't make him understand, he'd be hell to deal with.

"Fuck you, mate. We can't all throw caution to the wind and date our sister's best friend. Some obstacles are hard to get past." He stopped himself. That was too close to the truth. He cleared his throat, trying to stear it away.

"I knew her from Hogwarts. It's hard to deal with barely knowing someone for over a decade, then seeing them in a new light." Maybe Alec would shut up. He could sympathize with that.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing. "I couldn't lie to her. I couldn't pretend anymore. Something about the way she talked about love made me remember what it was like. And a small part of me hoped that maybe she would...I don't know, fight for that kind of love with...with me." He knew he sounded stupid.
Back to top Go down
Alec Black
Alec Black

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:28 am

Alec winced at the comment Dorian made and looked down at his plate. He was right, he was selfish and immediately went for it, with no real thoughts on how his sister would react. He was selfish, and an idiot.

"Right.." he commented. "I mean I'm surprised she didn't kill either of us really. It'd be real betrayal to do that to someone, but I'm paying my dues. Maybe one day she'll forgive me mate, don't need to remind me of my shit choices."

He took a bite from his plate to ignore the bitter taste in his mouth. He understood what he meant, hell his situation seemed a little too close for comfort. He wondered briefly if he knew her, hell he'd had his fair share of acquaintances through the years.

"With you?" he asked incredulously. "But you...oh mate, how old is this girl? Is she old enough to want to do that now? Maybe your need for commitment scared her? It was the first date."
Back to top Go down
Dorian Kraine
Dorian Kraine

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:12 am

Dorian wanted to strangle Alec. "Don't you get it!? I admire you for your shit choices! Because you found someone who you thought was worth those shit choices! That's the closest to love I've ever seen from you." He stopped for a moment to calm down. Love was not an easy topic with Alec. "Just don't doubt it, alright? It wasn't just about you and Tess, Victoria made that choice too."

He set his plate aside, having lost most of his appatite. "Merlin's sake, I didn't tell her I wanted that! What do I look like, an idiot?" He held up his hand. "Don't answer that."

Sighing, he ran his hand through his hair. "I don't know if she's ready for it. Hell, I'm sure that even if she was I wouldn't be worth her time. But...for a moment I hoped...fuck....I don't know."
Back to top Go down
Alec Black
Alec Black

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:26 am

Alec shook his head and sipped water to explain to him.

"Yeah, well my shit choices, are causing me more pain. Sometimes I feel like it outweighs the bad, hell she's great! Too great, and I feel like I'm wasting her time alright?! But I know love...and I'm losing one form of love for another and it's hard. Sometimes I feel like it's so perfect that when it ends I will be left without my little sister or Victoria because they'd have each other." he growled frustrated.

Taking a deep breath he looked at his frustrated friend.

"I'm just saying that you shouldn't be reckless, and think of the people you might hurt."

He might not be the perfect person to talk about love, that was true, but he did know other forms of love and he knew that trust was a big portion. He shook his head at him explaining himself clearer.

"You actually have-" he stopped himself as he saw the hand. "Don't put your eggs in one basket. She might want love, but maybe you're right, she doesn't know what love is, but relies on experience, and you might both end up disappointed."
Back to top Go down
Dorian Kraine
Dorian Kraine

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:05 am

Dorian was a little surprised. He hadn't figured that Alec was so worried about loosing both of them. But also, that he said he knew love. Deciding to stay far away from that, he sighed.

"The way I see it, in the end, you have to make the decision. Is Victoria worth it? Worth risking that much. Because if she isn't, then you've got your answer." He didn't want to see Alec give up, but he really believed what he said. It was what had gotten him through the long distance relationship with Rose. At some point, he'd realized she was worth it all.

At Alec's mention of people he may hurt, Dorian frowned. It felt like there was an annoying itching feeling at the back of his neck that he couldn't shake. With Alec opening up so much, he hated to keep this from him. "How do you deal with hurting someone?" Maybe Alec would say something that could help him decide what to do, if he ever had to tell him.

He rubbed his neck, setting his plate on the table. "I know, mate. I'll just...see how it goes. If she doesn't want me, then...okay." He knew he was lying through his teeth. If she rejected him, it would hurt like hell. But he'd live with it.
Back to top Go down
Alec Black
Alec Black

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:42 am

Alec nodded and took a bite of his food thinking. She was worth it, if they lasted long and were in for the long run they'd be perfect for one another. She balanced him out greatly and slowly Tess would get used to it and accept them, so much that maybe they could become closer.

He was surprised about his question and swallowed his bite before answering.

"It all depends on a person. Take Tess for instance, when she gets any emotion that's extreme...things happen. After she's hurt she needs time alone, she hates being forced to talk. She's a hot head like me I suppose." he chuckled. "but she shuts off after a while and well it's a pointless cause. I'm waiting for her to cool off so I can talk to her. But I think she's waiting to see how it goes with me and Vic."

He nodded and lifted his cup signaling him that he was a brave but stupid man.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken (Alec and Dorian)   Broken (Alec and Dorian) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken (Alec and Dorian)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2