Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sabrina Eberstark
Sabrina Eberstark
German - Muggleborn - Tower Dormers Second Year

Female Posts : 62

Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) Empty
PostSubject: Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby)   Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:35 am

Sabrina was sitting in her bed at Durmstrang an early morning, when a house-elf popped up out of nowhere with a loud crack. She looked at the other beds, but it seemed like the crack hadn't woken the twins. The house-elf looked at her with big, tennis ball like eyes. It bowed to her, and she frowned. "What's going on?" she whispered softly, not wanting to wake her roomies.

The house-elf opened its mouth and with a screeching, but low voice, said: "Headmistress wants to see Sabrina Eberstark. Pigie was sent to tell Sabrina. That's why Pigie is here." Sabrina blinked, and instantly realized that Pigie was the house-elf. She was a bit surprised at the message, but Sabrina didn't say anything. She looked at the clock. It was seven. Breakfast would start in an hour. She got out of the bed and, not knowing how long she would be held, took on her school clothes and pulled with her school bag. Then she left the dormitory.

Sabrina walked up the stairs to the lehrer's wing where she knew Roxie's office was located. When she reached it, she stood a few second in front of the door. She had learned long ago that to trust adults was the worst mistake in life. But there was something warm and good about Roxie that made Sabrina feel safe. She didn't know what it was, and right now, standing outside the door, it felt childish. Why would she trust anyone? She had no reason to.

Finally, she took a deep breath, knocked and let the breath out.
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum
Co-Founder / Head Administrator

Female Posts : 733

PostSubject: Re: Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby)   Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:44 am

Roxie examined each hat before her. She was making an effort to keep her mind distracted before Sabrina came to see her. Roxie was really worried; what if she said no? What would Roxie do if Sabrina preferred to live the way she had been for years, instead of taking up reliable food, warm shelter and a comfortable bed every night? She ran her fingers over the rim of a deep plum-coloured 1920's style hat, trying to appreciate it's finery rather than dwell on her concerns.

After what seemed like an age, there was a loud knocking on the large wooden door of Roxie's office. Masking her excitement, she turned calmly and subtly unlocked the door with a flick of her wand. "Come in," she called.

Roxie watched eagerly as the door swung open and her tummy bubbled with relief as she saw that the person on the other side happened to be Sabrina. "Sabrina," she said, with more warmth than she could ever remember displaying in her life. "I have something to ask you."
Back to top Go down
Sabrina Eberstark
Sabrina Eberstark

PostSubject: Re: Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby)   Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:56 am

Sabrina heard a 'come in', and she opened the door. Her eyes landed on Roxie, and she instantly felt that sense of being completely safe washing over her. Childish? Not at all. This was based on instincts. And Sabrina always trusted her instincts. She smiled at Roxie when the woman acknowledged her presence, and she stepped completely into the office, closing the door behind her.

She grew curious as to know what the question was about. She was kind of concerned, because Roxie didn't really have a reputation of being overly nice to people. At least according to her classmates. But Sabrina had yet to see such a side to the Highmistress. Except for that one time in Legilimency. But that was a test, so that was okay.

But Sabrina didn't really know what to say. She felt like it would be weird for a student to say 'ask away' to the highmistress. She spent a few seconds trying to figure out a reply, and ended up with saying: "What is it?"

Her voice was curious, as was she. She was hoping she hadn't gotten into some kind of trouble, but she couldn't understand what that would've been all about. As far as she was aware, there was nothing she had done that was bad. She couldn't think of anything. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that she didn't use a normal wand? Nah, Roxie would already know. At least, Sabrina had a feeling she knew. So, she waited patiently for Roxie to ask her.
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum

PostSubject: Re: Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby)   Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:56 pm

A wave of nerves crashed over Roxie again. This was harder than she'd anticipated. At the edge of her mind, she could feel Sabrina's conscious trembling with curiosity. Roxie smiled and strode over to her desk, picking up a bundle of papers. Turning back, she beckoned Sabrina over to her and handed the papers to her.

"Do you know what these are?" She asked softly. Roxie knew that if Sabrina skimmed the front page, she would see the opening terms and conditions of adopting a child, laid down by the Ministry 300 years ago.

Roxie fought to keep a smile off her face; keeping up a calm demeanor was difficult, especially faced with the fact that she was basically asking a student to come be her daughter. But what else could she do? The child was homeless, and well, Roxie was lonely. They got along well, so the idea didn't present a single problem to the headmistress.
Back to top Go down
Sabrina Eberstark
Sabrina Eberstark

PostSubject: Re: Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby)   Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Sabrina walked over to the desk and looked at the papers. She did not quite understand what papers had to do with anything. Papers were burnable. Then again, so was the world. Sabrina sighed soundlessly and started to read. Child ... adoption? And then she understood. Warmth like no kind she had ever felt swallowed her whole, and when she looked up at Roxie, she could barely see the woman due to the moist in her eyes.

"Me?" she asked in a very low whisper. A cold feeling hit her tummy; what if it was not for her? What if it was someone else? But why on earth would Roxie show it to her then? No, it had to be her. It had to be.
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum

PostSubject: Re: Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby)   Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:21 am

The moments when Sabrina was reading the papers seemed to be the longest of Roxie's life. With each slowly passing heartbeat she grew more anxious to see her reaction, and it was like eternity had passed her by twice by the time Sabrina stared at her through misted eyes.

Roxie's grin escaped her self-control and burst onto her face, her own eyes tearing up. She nodded enthusiastically, saying, "Yes, you," as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sabrina Eberstark
Sabrina Eberstark

PostSubject: Re: Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby)   Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:59 am

Sabrina was, despite herself, waiting anxiously to hear what Roxie would say to her question, but the way the woman smiled so massively, bigger than Sabrina had ever seen, made her feel special, made her feel home. And when she said 'yes you' Sabrina couldn't stop a giddy laugh from escaping her lips. At that moment, Sabrina didn't care whether or not Roxie was a highmistress or not. It didn't matter. Sabrina ran around the desk and gave Roxie a big hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she said happily, breaking from the hug, beaming like she hadn't done in years. Tears spilled from her eyes, and she was sure it was the first time she had ever cried in joy.
Back to top Go down
Roxie Krum
Roxie Krum

PostSubject: Re: Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby)   Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:17 pm

The adoption papers for some reason felt silly now. The thing that made it official to Roxie was that ginormous hug that felt so right. She fought back her own tears as she hugged Sabrina back fiercely, her earlier doubts banished by this one simple action that meant so much.

They pulled out of the hug and Roxie grinned, wiping the tears off Sabrina's face with her thumb, somehow the motherly gesture warming her heart immensely. "No, thank you, Sabrina," she said, her voice thick with emotion. The back of Roxie's mind was telling her this was probably the most emotion she'd ever displayed during her whole life put together, but she was lost in the sea of happiness of her current state.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby)   Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby) Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally Where I Belong (Roxie and Sabby)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Site Closed :: To The Ends of the Earth & Time :: Turning Back Time-