Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Setting Off EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Setting Off EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Setting Off EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Setting Off EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Setting Off EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Setting Off EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Setting Off EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Setting Off EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Setting Off EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Setting Off

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews
British - Pureblood - Slytherin Second Year

Male Posts : 115

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 am

Carey pushed his trunk under the seat, and set his owl's cage on the spot next to him. He was lucky to have found this empty spot as the train had been crowding up and was getting ready to set off for Hogwarts. He'd finally be away and not feel so restricted by his damned parents and older brother. He'd only need to worry about himself and could make his own friends and do whatever he wished.

Carey rested his feet up on the spot across from him and crossed his arms, relaxing. He looked out over the station, watching parents walk away or wave to their children as they filled the windows, waving back. It was loud and exciting and admittedly overwhelming. But it was nice. So unlike everything else he was used to.

He heard the compartment door click open and he looked over to see who it was.
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth
British - Halfblood - Gryffindor Second Year

Female Posts : 37

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Aislin smled as she opened the compartment door to see a boy in her year relaxing in there. "Hello," she said pleasantly. "You don't mind if I join you, do you? I'm Aislin, by the way, Aislin Swandeth."

She smiled and took a seat across from him and in the corner away from his feet. Aislin felt a jolt in her tummy as she realised where they were going. "Hogwarts! Can you believe it? We're finally here."
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:31 am

Seeing a smiling stranger open the compartment door, he returned with his best smile. "Hey, no, I don't mind at all." he said, sitting up and taking his feet off the spot across from him. "Carey Matthews." he returned.

The train had already begun it's trip out and the movement of the train was smooth and not rocky like he heard muggle trains were. Seeing her smile again as she settled in he smiled back. "Yeah, I'm really excited." he paused, but then continued. "I've heard loads from my brother about it, but being able to see it with my own eyes and live it. It'll be great." A smile still on his lips, he looked out the window and at the country side they were now passing by.
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 5:44 am

Aislin grinned, she was so very excited too. "You have a brother? Lucky. It's just me and my mum back at home," she told him. Aislin sat deeper in her seat and brought her legs to her chest.

"It's so comfortable in here," she said, slightly surprised, but refraining from beaming at the same time. "I never thought it could be."
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:36 am

Carey couldn't hold back from rolling his eyes. "Well...he's a jerk. I mean, just having siblings isn't that great." He said, trying to kept ill feelings down and act as neutral as possible, giving a slight shrug as he tried to act like he didn't care.

He smiled a bit and nodded at her comment. "Sure is. I bet I could even sleep well, it's so nice. Hm, a nap actually doesn't sound that bad actually...it is a long ride after all. And I hear muggle trains aren't as comfortable. So, we're lucky, aren't we?" he said, looking out the window again.
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:51 am

Aislin pulled a face when Carey rolled his eyes at her. "Still, I think a sibling would be cool," she replied.

She smiled. "I like sleeping," Aislin said with a short laugh. "And yes, I bet we are really lucky." Aislin lay down across the entire seat, pushing Carey's feet off and staring up at the ceiling.

"What house do you reckon you'll be in?" She asked, curious.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:53 am

Carey shrugged. "I guess. I mean, if they were around the same age it'd be better. My brother's twenty so we're not really that close." He said conversationally. Surprisingly no bitterness in his voice

Carey smiled, "So do I." He raised his eyebrow amused at the way she just pushed his feet off. Usually people would meekly ask him to move. He like that she didn't. He moved his legs to stretch out over his seat, and then yawned.

When she asked what house he thought he'd be in, he shrugged. "I'm not sure. I've got Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff in my family, but I don't think I'm anything like them. Maybe Slytherin or Gryffindor. I don't really care though." he looked over at her. "What about you? What house do you think you'll be in?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 10:09 am

Aislin smiled, nodding. "Yeah, I agree. Though, being eleven years apart would be a bit of a gap. I wish Mum had had more kids when I was younger, I don't know why she didn't," Aislin frowned. She missed her dad too, but her Mum, Keiba, hadn't really spoken about why she didn't have a sister or brother.

Aislin grinned at Carey. He looked like the kind of kid that people never usually pushed around, but Aislin wasn't the type of girl that asked, she just did. Unless it was someone superior to her, like a Professor. But if it was someone she got along with, well then - no holds barred. "Sleeping is gooooddd," she grinned, extending the word 'good' for emphasis.

She nodded thoughtfully. When he asked her what house she thought she'd be in, she realised she hadn't put too much thought into it. "I'm not sure either. My mum was in Ravenclaw, and my dad is... was... german, but he was really brave and loyal, so I might be either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. But I think Ravenclaw or Gryffindor would be my pick."
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 10:53 am

Carey shrugged. "She was probably happy enough with just you. You get more attention. Just think, with a baby she'd spend all her time with them."

Carey chucked a little when she say how sleep was good and he grabbed his sweater that he had next to him and put it under his head as a pillow. "Yeah, I agree." He nodded a little, and yawned again.

"I see, well, I'd say that whatever house we get in we shouldn't worry about it. No matter what house we get in, it's the house we were meant to be in. Bring out the fullest of our potential, right?" he asked, and raise his hand to his mouth, yawning again, starting to feel his eyes droop a little as he relaxed more. he smiled a little. "I think that nap is wanting to take over."
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 11:01 am

Aislin bit her lip. "I wouldn't have minded," she said softly. Sometimes, having all the attention on her wasn't a good thing. Whenever she did something bad, she couldn't blame it on a younger sibling, and that made her slightly jealous of kids who had brothers and sisters. Aislin turned her head sideways and looked at Carey thoughtfully. "What's your family like?"

Aisln laughed when Carey yawned, but the yawn was infectious and her mouth opened wide in a big yawn too. She giggled. "Yawning really is contagious," she said with a grin.

"I've heard the sorting hat makes mistakes. Sometimes," Aislin said, remembering that story of the Hufflepuff who should have been in Slytherin that her mum had told her weeks before she went to school.

She grinned up at the ceiling when Carey yawned again. "I'm not really that tired. It's funny, I can sleep for an age. And yet I don't want to right now." Aislin closed her eyes and relaxed.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:38 pm

Carey turned his head to the side to look at her as she turned on her side, asking him what his family was like. He sighed and looked up again. "Well....it's my mother and father, and my brother Ripley. We live in a big house and my parents throw huge events all the time for all sorts of people and to make money, or just for fun. It's always busy and it was pretty fun. My brother recently came back home from a trip though. And well, I'm just glad to get away finally to say the least." he said. He didn't like talking about his brother.

He looked back at her and smiled a bit when she yawned too, and said it was contagious. "You know, it's proven that it actually is." he said with a nod.

He raised an eyebrow at her curiously when she said that the hat made mistakes. "I don't think so...I mean, for it to even think you could be in one house there must be a part of you it goes off of. Even if you seem more like you should be in another house. Right?" he looked back up. "I mean, how could it make a mistake?"

He closed his eyes, feeling relaxed, not not asleep yet. He listened to her, nodding sleepily. Wanting to just get to school already.
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 am

Aislin nodded. She could hear the reluctance in his voice. He probably didn't like talking about his family, so she dropped the subject. She turned her gaze back to the ceiling as the train rattled on.

She grinned. "I know it is. Pretty cool, huh?"

"Why wouldn't it make a mistake?" Aislin replied thoughtfully, staring at the ceiling still. "Sometimes it takes into account your choice more than your personality. I mean, look at Harry Potter. The hat would have placed him into Slytherin had he not asked it not to."

Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:51 am

Carey breathed out softly, glad she dropped that whole thing. He sort of wondered what things were like in her family, but he hadn't asked. He wondered how small quiet families went about everyday life, and what they filled their free time with.

Carey turned his head a bit and opened one eye to look at her. "I don't get how it could." He sighed. "Harry Potter had Gryiffindor in him though. Obviously. You gotta have the personality to actually try to fight it too. I mean, no matter how hard I might want to beg it to put my in...say hufflepuff, I'm not like that at all, so I hardly think it'd even debate it." he said, matter of factly. The idea of the hat possibly being wrong at times made him feel uncomfortable. Wasn't the hat know for it's reliability? I mean, as a magical artifact it was supposed to be reliable....right?
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:43 am

Aislin smiled at Carey. She liked debates like this, they interested her. "That's not really what I meant. What I meant was that if he hadn't asked him not to put him in Slytherin, he would have been put in the wrong house - in my opinion. But I guess you could say that the hat is not always wrong," Aislin said, licking her lips. "Maybe just once in a while." She grinned.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:25 am

Carey shrugged. "Oh, well...I suppose." He pursed his lips, thinking a moment. "Well everything happens for a reason, I guess.. He might have done just as well even if in that house. " He said.

There was then a knock on the compartment door as an older prefect opened it. she told them they needed to change into their school robes, as they'd be getting to the school fairly soon. Carey smiled a bit and nodded as she left. He sat up, stretching. "Wow, time sure flies."
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:30 am

Aislin nodded thoughtfully. Carey had a point. "I guess," she said. "I wonder what would have happened if Harry had been a Slytherin." It was an interesting thought.

Aislin glanced up as a prefect slid open the compartment door. She smiled and nodded at her, sitting up and stretching. She grinned at Carey. "It sure does," Aislin said. "Now, do you want to get changed first or shall I?" Not like they could get changed at the same time, that would be awkward.
Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:43 am

Carey shrugged. "I guess we'll never know...I don't think he'd be all that different. But everyone has their own ideas."

Carey stood up and yawned again, giving a final stretch. he rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh, you should change first." he said, then smiled a little bit. "I take waaay too long to change anyways." he said, only barely exaggerating.

He walked over to the compartment door, opening it. "Just come out once you're done." He said, looking at her before closing the compartment door, leaning his back against the wall of the train.
Back to top Go down
Aislin Swandeth
Aislin Swandeth

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:43 am

Aislin tapped the side of her nose. "Something to dwell on later," she said with a smile, half to herself.

"Why thank you, kind sir," Aislin said jokingly as Carey stood up and left the compartment. She had to admit, she did tend to pull off fast changes. Aislin pulled down her trunk and grabbed out her robes, quickly throwing them on and stashing the trunk away again. She stepped out of the compartment and waved Carey in.

"Your turn," Aislin said, taking his place in the corridor.

Back to top Go down
Carey Matthews
Carey Matthews

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:28 am

Carey felt like he'd hardly been out there, as he was looking around seeing other people leave the compartments. The compartment door open as she stepped out, fully changed. "Bloody hell, you're fast." he said, sounding impressed.

He smiled a bit and then went to walk into the compartment. He took his time as he always did. Making sure there were no creases in his shirt, and that his shirt was tucked in properly. He took far longer then Aislin had when he finally opened the compartment door to let her in.

"Sorry," he said as he took his seat, finishing tying his shoes.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Setting Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Off   Setting Off Empty

Back to top Go down

Setting Off

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Site Closed :: The Archives :: Old & Dead-