Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

A Small World (Jon and Darcy)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darcy Gray
Darcy Gray
British - Pureblood - Beater for Holyhead Harpies

A Small World (Jon and Darcy) Empty
PostSubject: A Small World (Jon and Darcy)   A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:22 am

Darcy apparated from her house and to the Quidditch field. She had been feeling a bit down as of late, and it was time to get herself up again. Darcy didn't have many friends, as she didn't really know who she could depend on in a world that loved Quidditch as much as it did. Besides, trust had gotten her nowhere in life. She wasn't about to try that again. She had imagined that her thoughts would drift to Russia, but it didn't happen. She had thought she was down because of Russia, but no. Maybe it was just the nerves of the upcoming match.

She mounted her faithful broom and shot up and straight for the trees. Her coach constantly told her that it was brilliant training to zoom past the trees in top speed. She had done this several times and was pretty good at it now, but the first times she tried... Well, she had winded up in St. Mungos, to say it bluntly.

Darcy focused on the task at hand, forgetting all about her previous mood as she felt lighter than ever. She smiled as she avoided a tree in a very cool turn. The trees were getting closer, but she managed fairly well. She hear the broom touch a tree with the tip of its tail, and then doubled back to the field. She couldn't fly for too long; she might leave the magic area.

She reached the field again and circled it a bit, pretending to hit something with a non-existent bat. Then she saw a shadow down by the field. And her thoughts drifted to Russia. She didn't know why, but the shadow reminded her of Russia. Why would such a small shadow remind her of the world's largest country?
Back to top Go down
Jon Romanoff
Jon Romanoff

Male Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: A Small World (Jon and Darcy)   A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:43 am

Such a trivial activity as flying was something that normally would have been lost on Jon, seeming to have no purpose. In fact, it had been something he thought was ridiculous up to the point where to woo a particularly beautiful brunette with large, chocolate-y eyes he felt that flying would aid him. After all, she was a major fan of Quidditch.

He'd practised until his body was soaked in sweat so as to impress her with his flying skills, and the moment he'd kicked off the ground he'd found flying one of the more enjoyable activities that he'd decided he enjoyed taking part in. The feeling of the wind whipping against him, that freedom that came with soaring above the earth, he immensely enjoyed it. Whilst in the air, the memories of the mental abuse he'd received throughout the entirety of his childhood seemed to fade away, and there was nothing but him and the broom.

Why was Jon in Britain? Because he was a person that was easily bored. He'd flown everywhere imaginable where he could in his city back at Germany, and he'd also wanted to explore. Though he held no fondness whatsoever for this country, he'd heard that the International Quidditch Pitch was something to be admired, and was often available for the public to use. When there were no matches coming up. And the quidditch season wasn't on for a few more weeks, so he assumed he'd be allowed to fly around.

Not that he cared if he wasn't, he would anyway. His latest model of broomstick was slung casually over his shoulder as he moved through the pitch. Someone else was flying up above him, his magic informed him that. Female, he detected. A smirk on his face now, he mounted his broom and took off into the sky, shooting straight up with the speed of his broom. It wasn't due to be released for a month, and there was a lot of hype around it, meaning that Jon was very proud to have a pre-sale model. He stopped when he was 100 feet off the ground and the settled into a nose-dive, pulling up right before he hit the ground, the tip of his broom skimming the grass before he soared back up. Many would call him a show-off. Those people would be correct.
Back to top Go down
Darcy Gray
Darcy Gray

PostSubject: Re: A Small World (Jon and Darcy)   A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 am

Darcy watched the shadow as it shot terribly fast through the air and down and up against, just before it hit the ground. It had to be a man. No woman would be such a show-off. She considered ignoring him, be a bitch about it when he so obviously showed off. But his broom had gotten her attention. She hadn't seen that speed before and wondered if it was the new broom that would be put in shops soon. However, how could he possibly have a broom that had yet to be out? Unless he was a Qudditch player himself.

Darcy sighed and turned her broom, flying towards him in a slow, but steady pace. However, the closer she got, the quicker her heart was beating. She couldn't understand why. Not before she saw his shape clear enough. She stopped her broom instantly. His strong body, his black hair, how he was always showing off to make her forget about her family. It couldn't be. Could it? It couldn't not be him.

"Jon?" she asked incredulously.
Back to top Go down
Jon Romanoff
Jon Romanoff

PostSubject: Re: A Small World (Jon and Darcy)   A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:03 am

Jon was un-ashamed of the fact that he was a major show-off. In fact, he was quite proud of himself. He liked showing off, especially to women, and this seemed to be a woman. Though the aura he got from her was not one of awe, but rather curiosity. He shrugged his shoulders and continued to do a loop-di-loop, before he landed on the ground and straightened up. He pushed back up again and went straight upwards until he turned and fell backwards through the sky, then pulled himself steady again.

He wasn't just showing off now, he was testing out this new broom and was rather pleased with the outcome. His expression hardened as he felt the magic draw near, and he immediately detected familiarity. He knew the magic around her, and he turned sharply to face her as she approached. His eyes widened in shock. How could it be - wasn't she in Russia? His eyes widened in surprise, before he cleared his face and inclined his head politely.

"Darcy Grey, a pleasure to see you again."
Back to top Go down
Darcy Gray
Darcy Gray

PostSubject: Re: A Small World (Jon and Darcy)   A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:13 am

Darcy blinked. She then shook her head. "A pleasure to see you again?!" she demanded with big eyes. She then flew at him and latched on around his neck, squeezing him closely. She then broke from the hug, feeling a homey feeling spread through her bones.

"How are you? Why are you here? How's Russia? Do you still live there?" she asked, having so many questions. It had been all too long. She hadn't seen him in years! In all honesty, she had never expected to see him again. Sure, she had daydreamed about seeing his smile and cheeky attitude again, but that it actually happened...

"Hey, I'm not going crazy, am I?" she asked suspiciously, leaning forward, pinching his arm.
Back to top Go down
Jon Romanoff
Jon Romanoff

PostSubject: Re: A Small World (Jon and Darcy)   A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:43 am

Jon was fully intent on keeping up his polite, but distant, cold and regal exterior when she spoke in a demanding tone and stared at him with those wide eyes of hers. He knew that look well, and he found it hard to fight the tiny smile that wanted to play on his lips. He knew what would come next before it did.

Jon hugged her back lightly, arms circling her waist as they would with any woman. And Darcy was a very pretty young lady - or had developed into one anyway, not that she'd ever been ugly, but now she was gorgeous so of course his body immediately made sure he hugged her in a slightly intimate way like it would with any other woman. He released her and nodded his head. "Alright, happy now?" He asked.

"I'm good, I got bored in my home as i've flown pretty much everywhere, I have no idea and no I don't." He chuckled slightly at the questions. "Ow, Darcy." He protested as she pinched him. "No, you aren't going crazy, I swear. How are you?"
Back to top Go down
Darcy Gray
Darcy Gray

PostSubject: Re: A Small World (Jon and Darcy)   A Small World (Jon and Darcy) EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 7:02 am

Darcy picked up on how different his hugs were now than they had been some years ago, but what could you expect? Everything had probably changed since then. And even so, she was happy. She looked at him. "I'm content," she said indifferently with a shrug, and then she grinned widely, winking at him in a joking manner.

She nodded to everything he said and smiled softly. "I'm glad to hear you're okay, Jon. Truly, I am," she said. She then sighed. "I do miss Russia though. Not the people, of course, but the place," she said with a sad smile.

Her sad smile instantly turned to a grinning one when he reprimanded her. "I'm pretty good. I play for the Hollyhead Harpies now, as a beater, and the team is wonderful and the pay is pretty decent, not to mention that I get loads of time to spare," she said contentedly.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Small World (Jon and Darcy)   A Small World (Jon and Darcy) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Small World (Jon and Darcy)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Site Closed :: Britain :: Countryside Wizarding Britain :: Britain's International Quidditch Pitch-