Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

What is this Place?! [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vereà de Cendres
Vereà de Cendres
French - Muggleborn - Renard Second Year

What is this Place?! [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: What is this Place?! [OPEN]   What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:03 am

Verea planted a scowl on her face as she left the Great Hall and walked over to the Black Lake. Why did they have to move here of all places?! What idiot would have destroyed Beauxbatons?! The minute she had set foot on Hogwarts grounds, she knew that this was not a place for her.

First of all, she was shivering. With the outfit she was wearing, it wasn't really hard to freeze to death. Second, she just hated the place. Like her mom did.

Verea sighed as she sat on the grass. She really missed home.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
British - Muggleborn - Ravenclaw Third Year

PostSubject: Re: What is this Place?! [OPEN]   What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Despite the fact that it was rather cold, Humphrey loved getting outside a bit. Today he'd decided to go take his book and read by the Black Lake. He had a sweatshirt on and a jacket on top of that to stay warm. When he got close to the Black Lake he saw one of the Beauxbatons students shivering, she clearly hadn't dressed for the cold weather.

Walking up to her, he took a seat next to her on the grass. "You should really wear warmer clothes this time of year, you'll freeze. Do you want to borrow my jacket?" he offered. "I'm Humphrey, what's your name?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Vereà de Cendres
Vereà de Cendres

PostSubject: Re: What is this Place?! [OPEN]   What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Verea frowned as a boy walked up to her. He looked like he was around her age. "Non merci, mais je vais aller acheter une veste alors que je suis toujours là," she said. Then she suddenly had the urge to smack herself. This boy was British, not French. "No thanks, but I'll go buy a jacket while I'm still here," she translated. Her accent made it clear that she wasn't used to English.

"Hello, Humphrey, I am Verea," she replied with a small smile. Normally she would have ignored him, but she guessed it was better to make some friends. She didn't know much about Britain, anyways, and a friend would help her a lot.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: What is this Place?! [OPEN]   What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Humphrey noticed the girl frowning, maybe she had come out here to be alone. He really needed to learn French now that Beauxbatons was here for a while, Elle had offered and he was going to learn some from her. "Okay, make sure you find some good winter clothes. It gets pretty chilly up here, and when it snows you want to be able to get out and have some fun." he said, a bit slower than he usually speaked because he knew it wasn't her native language.

"Nice to meet you Verea." he said, smiling back at her. "Hogwarts isn't so bad, I know it's not Beauxbatons, but it grows on you. So what are you doing out here all by yourself?" Humphrey asked. The Beauxbatons students had kept mostly to themselves. He thought it would help if the groups mixed and got to know each other, make some friends. It would be helpful to both sides.
Back to top Go down
Vereà de Cendres
Vereà de Cendres

PostSubject: Re: What is this Place?! [OPEN]   What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Verea nodded and shrugged. "Well, once my mother and I find a nice shop. But I'm sure we'll find one," she said, and then smiled an actual smile. "Nice to meet you, too. It's a bit hard to get used to Hogwarts, since some lessons are quite different. And this place is a bit larger than Beauxbatons, so it's going to be a bit hard for me to go around. After all, I don't know the place much."
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: What is this Place?! [OPEN]   What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 3:32 pm

"You're looking for a shop, what do you sell?" Humphrey asked, genuinely curious. The genuine smile made her look much more cheerful. "True, Hogwarts is a pretty big place. I can show you around sometime, teach you all the secret passageways. Makes getting to classes a lot easier if you know shortcuts." he explained. "What are the different classes you have at Beauxbatons?"
Back to top Go down
Vereà de Cendres
Vereà de Cendres

PostSubject: Re: What is this Place?! [OPEN]   What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:42 am

"Well, my mom's good at healing potions, so I guess that's what she'll sell..." Vereà muttered. Then she nodded at Humphrey's offer to show her around. "Thanks, that would be very helpful," she said.

"In Beauxbatons, they teach us Music, then there's Performance and Etiquette. They only teach us proper manners in that class, so it's the easiest class," she replied.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: What is this Place?! [OPEN]   What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 3:26 pm

"Oh, that sounds pretty cool. So I take it you are a potions wiz as well. Good luck getting settled in. If you want any help moving things around, I could probably help a bit." he offered. Getting settled into a new place sometimes involved moving a lot of heavy boxes. "No problem, somebody's got to make you Beauxbatons students feel at home." Humphrey said, smiling at her.

"Wow, those classes sound pretty fun. I would love to take music and performance, I play acoustic guitar and sing as well." he told her. "What instrument do you play? Since you take music I assume you play something." Not many people at Hogwarts played an instrument, at least that he knew.
Back to top Go down
Vereà de Cendres
Vereà de Cendres

PostSubject: Re: What is this Place?! [OPEN]   What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am

Verea nodded and smiled. "Yes, I am quite good at potions. I'll go and find you if we need some help, though," she replied, then nodded. "Music is a very fun class, but performance isn't the nicest, just the easiest. Our teacher, Mademoiselle Dubois, says it's harder than it looks like. Or at least that's what I hear everytime she sees us with bad postures," she smirked. "And I sing and play the piano," she added.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: What is this Place?! [OPEN]   What is this Place?! [OPEN] EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Humphrey nodded, glad that she would ask for help if she needed it. "Good. I'm sure it will take a while to adjust to living here." he told her. If Hogwarts was destroyed like Beauxbatons, he knew he'd be a wreck. "Oh, I see. For me I think performance would be the hardest, I've always had a bit of stage fright." he admitted. "That's really cool Verea. There's something about music, I don't know, it's just as magical as anything else I've learned."
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is this Place?! [OPEN]   What is this Place?! [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

What is this Place?! [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1